I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a decent build to put in a 2015 Honda Civic Coupe? I've never done anything with car audio so any help is appreciated. Also I don't really have a budget but since this is my first build I wasn't looking to spend a crazy amount.

Take the back seat out and wall 3 18's on 1 Taramps 30k. Lol

Just kidding.... any specific thing your going for? Great sound quality? As much bass as you can handle? A mixture of both? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

3 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Take the back seat out and wall 3 18's on 1 Taramps 30k. Lol

Just kidding.... any specific thing your going for? Great sound quality? As much bass as you can handle? A mixture of both? 

Yea sorry I should have put what I was looking for I just completely forgot. I was wanting some bass, probably just start out with subs and stuff I don't think I need to replace my speakers quite yet. 

13 hours ago, Animity said:

Yea sorry I should have put what I was looking for I just completely forgot. I was wanting some bass, probably just start out with subs and stuff I don't think I need to replace my speakers quite yet. 

Well, if you plan for an upgrade later, you won't end up spending more money than you need to. If you're going to keep your stock speakers, you want a low rms sub so you don't completely drown out your mids and highs... but if you do that and decide you want more, well, you can't really use that sub, so that's money gone. 

If you're planning on doing something decently big in the future, I would just go ahead and plan to upgrade the stock speakers as well. It won't do anything except make things sound better. Then you can get 1 sub, run it at 2 ohm, then if you want another, you'd have to get another amp but you'd be able to run it at 1 ohm. 

That's a lot to think about, sorry. I get carried away sometimes. 

If you just want to add a little bass, a single 300-500 watt 10 wil do well. As far as brands, there are quite a bit of good, quality options. Would you rather go for budget? A good sound quality sub? A run of the mill, last you forever sub? 

Also, being as it's a newer car, you'll have to look into if it's got some sort of vehicle management system that will control your electrical. The added draw might throw the check engine light or choke the electrical to the sub. 

On 3/2/2021 at 10:14 AM, Dafaseles said:

Well, if you plan for an upgrade later, you won't end up spending more money than you need to. If you're going to keep your stock speakers, you want a low rms sub so you don't completely drown out your mids and highs... but if you do that and decide you want more, well, you can't really use that sub, so that's money gone. 

If you're planning on doing something decently big in the future, I would just go ahead and plan to upgrade the stock speakers as well. It won't do anything except make things sound better. Then you can get 1 sub, run it at 2 ohm, then if you want another, you'd have to get another amp but you'd be able to run it at 1 ohm. 

If you just want to add a little bass, a single 300-500 watt 10 wil do well. As far as brands, there are quite a bit of good, quality options. Would you rather go for budget? A good sound quality sub? A run of the mill, last you forever sub? 

Also, being as it's a newer car, you'll have to look into if it's got some sort of vehicle management system that will control your electrical. The added draw might throw the check engine light or choke the electrical to the sub. 

I would probably want a good sound quality sub. And I definitely want to upgrade speakers at some point I just hadn't started looking into it yet!

On 3/2/2021 at 10:14 AM, Dafaseles said:

How do I know how much extra power I can draw? Would I be able to run a 1200 watt amp? Or is there a way I can check?

Well, if you know the output if your alternator and how many amp hours your battery is, there's a way to kind of figure it out. Nothing is really set in stone and results always differ from car to car, but it'll give you a guideline. 

On 3/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, Dafaseles said:

Well, if you know the output if your alternator and how many amp hours your battery is, there's a way to kind of figure it out. Nothing is really set in stone and results always differ from car to car, but it'll give you a guideline. 

Do you think this would be a good deal? https://www.skaraudio.com/products/sdr-2x12d4-rp-1200-1d-skar4anl-ofc-complete-bass-package?device=c&campaignid=8143186047&adgroupid=82404979577&gclid=CjwKCAiAkJKCBhAyEiwAKQBCkh7E1JeI4c4xndDq_AA8R6fE-OEncwl7-uIXGjHFTC14FAgwKBEQ5xoCXEYQAvD_BwE

1 hour ago, Animity said:

Go for it if you have the electrical for it 1200 watts is one of those borderline wattages. There are stock electricals that can handle it, some might just need a bigger battery, some might need more alternator and battery. Follow that math in that video I sent you.  Skar is a decent brand though. You shouldn't have too much trouble... though I have heard some skar horror stories. 

• 1 month later...

Archived