Sundown Audio

gain and bass eq on bamf 5000

Anthony10111

1 hour ago, Anthony10111 said:

Rise to 5.6 ohms? How does that work? I've never heard of that.. But I'm also a beginner 

You need to a clamp meter to measure your actual output. Yes I’ve tried to set an amp output using what you’re doing, but now we will measure actual output. Yes harbor freight will work! Impedance rise is what actually happens in the enclosure. Wired to 1 ohm, 2 ohm that’s all good. But then as the sub plays, the frequency changes. That’s why you’ll hear of competition setups being wired to crazy low  ohms like .25 and .33 cause then as the sub plays, the resistance raises to say 1-1.5. And typically with rise, comes lower power output. So my amp will put out 5000w at 2 ohm, 3120w at 4 ohm, and I have now verified it puts out 3013w at 5.6 ohms

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

4 minutes ago, JakeW said:

I’m penance rise

Impedance rise.... or box rise. I miss the auto correct miss interpretations myself a lot myself. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

1 minute ago, Dafaseles said:

Impedance rise.... or box rise. I miss the auto correct miss interpretations myself a lot myself. 

Lol!

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Unfortunately without a meter to measure clipping, you gotta go by ear. That’s why I said hook up the meters, have knob up and volume up, and turn up the amp until you hear distortion, then back down just a bit. Take those readings, and you’ll have the actual output!

So you have a bamf 3000 amp, what are the exact details of sub, enclosure size, which ohm you’re wired to, and wiring like? 

5 hours ago, JakeW said:

So you have a bamf 3000 amp, what are the exact details of sub, enclosure size, which ohm you’re wired to, and wiring like? 

I have bamf 5000 with 2 skar evl 12s (1250 rms each) wired to 2 ohms  (1700rms) in a skar box tuned to 32hz. I got double 12 gauge on the speakers and 0 gauge ran from the battery to a 3.5 farad capacitor then to my amp

29 minutes ago, Anthony10111 said:

I have bamf 5000 with 2 skar evl 12s (1250 rms each) wired to 2 ohms  (1700rms) in a skar box tuned to 32hz. I got double 12 gauge on the speakers and 0 gauge ran from the battery to a 3.5 farad capacitor then to my amp

My opinion? Ditch the cap. Read up on them, they actually bottleneck power and reduce it to the amp. And in all honestly we know you want to believe it’s putting out 1700 at 2 ohm, but its highly likely it’s not. I only say that, because you keep stating it. No offense just trying to help here. clamp test it, and verify yourself. Then you’ll see you want an amp that can provide 2500s at 2ohm. A smart 3 can!! And will come with a clip monitor!

Double wiring isn’t necessary, but a quality wire is always best.  and I hope the 1/0 wire is a quality OFC strand. 

40 minutes ago, JakeW said:

My opinion? Ditch the cap. Read up on them, they actually bottleneck power and reduce it to the amp. And in all honestly we know you want to believe it’s putting out 1700 at 2 ohm, but its highly likely it’s not. I only say that, because you keep stating it. No offense just trying to help here. clamp test it, and verify yourself. Then you’ll see you want an amp that can provide 2500s at 2ohm. A smart 3 can!! And will come with a clip monitor!

I'm gonna watch different dyno test and see what kinda power I can get for cheapISH .. I believe I'm only pushing about 700 watts.. So I want some true power. I'm going to get a cheap clamp meter tho before I fully confirm my disappointment. 

11 minutes ago, Anthony10111 said:

I'm gonna watch different dyno test and see what kinda power I can get for cheapISH .. I believe I'm only pushing about 700 watts.. So I want some true power. I'm going to get a cheap clamp meter tho before I fully confirm my disappointment. 

Go get one tonight! And what is your budget? Remember rms can be pushed all day, so 2500w minimum is what you should look for. Smart 3s are ~$300

Archived