3 way front 2 way rear

jimmieJNS

3 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

You could just run the 2 sets on passive crossovers without the FRX. That's an option until you get the third amp. 

To be able to protect the speakers from unwanted frequencies, they'd have to be on their own channel for the FRX to work properly and maintain balance and fade capabilities. If you want to maintain fade and balance capabilities, I think you'd have to run the rear setup with a passive crossover and bypass the FRX just for the rear. 

When you get the third amp, I would run the front midrange, and front tweeter off 1 amp, run the front mid bass off one amp and bridge the channels, then run the rear setup off it's own amp. 

Don’t need a passive crossover. Capacitors are better in this situation. He could use the amp and capacitors as a crossover. That’s what people do. Because passive crossovers are meant for certain mids and certain tweeters because of the crossover settings. So using foreign crossovers on other drivers isn’t gonna be as good as matching, nor would you know the crossover points to tune the other speakers and tweeters. I thought about it and it’s best just to wire the tweeters together so they have the same crossover point. Or just put capacitors on each tweeter so each tweeter would crossover at the same point because of the capacitor. Capacitors are what causes the crossover in a passive crossover. But instead of buying a piece of plastic with foreign capacitors in it, buy the same capacitors for each tweeter and tune the filters the same in the speakers. Or just wire the tweeters together on the own set of channels. Tweeters on rear 2 channels of an amp or on the front 2 channels of an amp so the filter can be set different from front to rear. If that amp doesn’t do that, then external capacitors are needed on the tweeters. Done and done.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

And of course, some of the speakers are gonna have to be wired together to make this correct. Preferably the front speakers in parallel so the front speakers are louder than the tweeters and it would be louder than the back speakers too. Front stage is what to focus on mainly. To be honest. I don’t understand why anybody would put tweeters in the rear fill of their vehicle. But to each is own. Whatever. And about that fading and balance you were talking about. It should be fixed just by wiring how I said. But since you want to do something not smart and put tweeters in your vehicles rear fill, now you need to buy a dsp and set a delay on them rear tweeters. I don’t see why you just don’t focus on your front stage in your vehicle when it comes to tweeters and not worry about tweeters in the rear fill of your vehicle, which cause you to have to set a delay on them rear tweeters so it doesn’t sound like shit in your vehicle’s cabin. Fugh what other people hear coming from your car audio setup. It’s about what you hear. You sit in the front seat of your vehicle. Bass on dude.

I just seen you are using a crossover. My bad. I skimmed too quickly. You would need a dsp to make things in your car audio setup work like you want concerning crossovers and sealants and whatnot. Even though a dsp isn’t exactly easy to use. But once you learn, you wouldn’t want a car audio setup without a dsp. I don’t like them because I could care less about that stuff you are worrying about. It’s easy when it’s just subwoofers and front stage, and it sounds good. But I see you are a sound quality guy by the choice in amps you are using. So a dsp is the way to go.

The other wiring options I said would work just fine. But there wouldn’t be good sound quality because of the placements of the drivers. So that’s when I came to the conclusion that the answer to your problem is a dsp.

Dafaseles and I were speaking and you could use rca splitters to utilize the crossover capabilities on them speakers and tweeters. But that wouldn’t solve the delay issue though. But it’s something to think about.

• 3 weeks later...

What would be the best way of running my 3 way front and 2way rear active setup coming from a precision power frx 4/5/6 way crossover,  my Art series (and i have two A404's) amps have this capability, 

The Front and Rear channels of your (four channel) Art Series amplifier are capable of of being bridged into a mono output due to the internal design of the amplifier. This feature permits the creation of a mono channel for a subwoofer or center channel. Also bridging adds flexibility of operation. The Art Series four-channel amplifiers can be used as 2 mono channels, 3 channels - 2 channel stereo and one channel mono, 4 channels - 2 channels front and rear, 5 channels - 4 channels stereo and one channel mono, or 6 channels - 4 channels stereo and 2 channels mono  

Archived