Sundown Audio

clamping my bamf today

Anthony10111

12 hours ago, Anthony10111 said:

I ordered a smart 3 and didnt get my ride to harbor freight 

So I also had a smart 3, like I said they’re beasts!! Clip monitor, and setting it up to 2000rms or so will be easy. But when I ran it, I had a stock 160a alternator, and a 80ah lead acid battery up front. 1/0 OFC wire, and good grounds. Big 3 done as well with 1/0. I could pull voltage down (I have a meter tied into the power & ground of the amp wires) to almost 10v on bass boosted songs! The truck would go into battery protect mode. I didn’t do it often, really just once. So look into electrical upgrades, a quality battery up front, and a quality reserve battery in front of the amp if you can fit it. We should also clamp this output so you know exactly what you’re giving to your subs. 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Then from there I added an 80ah agm shuriken battery, then swapped that out for a lithium. Duralast agm battery went up front, alternator rebuilt to a 326a unit, and she powers the 5000 taramps well!! Still can clip, but that’s due to a shitty signal from the head unit which I’m working on fixing now. Then add a mechman alternator, and hopefully step up to an md8k to compensate for impedance rise. It all takes time and money, just have some sort of plan to help guide the build!

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

And as far as clamping, I only say I have cause I wanted to know my actually output. You buy a product, so you should verify it’s output right? That’s where I’m at

Archived