Sundown Audio

taramps smart 3

Anthony10111

I finally heard a true 1000 watts .. I'm amazed..  My bamf 5000 is junk. You guys were right... I had prolly about 700 watts to my cabinet before I bought I the smart 3...  But is it normal for the amp to get warm? and the subs to get warm??? I'm not showing a clipped signal at all I got about 1000-1200 watts pumping to em right now ... 

16 hours ago, Anthony10111 said:

I finally heard a true 1000 watts .. I'm amazed..  My bamf 5000 is junk. You guys were right... I had prolly about 700 watts to my cabinet before I bought I the smart 3...  But is it normal for the amp to get warm? and the subs to get warm??? I'm not showing a clipped signal at all I got about 1000-1200 watts pumping to em right now ... 

Okay so my sister said she smelled my subs a little bit... and I could a tiny bit.... These are 1250 rms subs on a 3000rms amp I'm pushing 1200 to them at the MAX right now..... WHY WOULD MY SUBS STINK?! I'm not showing ANY CLIPPING on Any bass lines at any volume.... Now if I turn my gain up sum more then I will get clipping (Not enough power to feed the amp) But I dont get ANY clipping right now and my subs still let off a lil smell yesterday when I was out... Not much just a little... and they were a lil warm too, as well as the amp being warm.... Is this normal??? Could it be my subs simply breaking in???? Cosidering this is their first true amount of power??? They were at 600-700 watts on my bamf(300 each) and now they're at about 1100-1200 on my smart 3 (600 each) ... I just hope my shit ain't gonna go bad

3 hours ago, Anthony10111 said:

Okay so my sister said she smelled my subs a little bit... and I could a tiny bit.... These are 1250 rms subs on a 3000rms amp I'm pushing 1200 to them at the MAX right now..... WHY WOULD MY SUBS STINK?! I'm not showing ANY CLIPPING on Any bass lines at any volume.... Now if I turn my gain up sum more then I will get clipping (Not enough power to feed the amp) But I dont get ANY clipping right now and my subs still let off a lil smell yesterday when I was out... Not much just a little... and they were a lil warm too, as well as the amp being warm.... Is this normal??? Could it be my subs simply breaking in???? Cosidering this is their first true amount of power??? They were at 600-700 watts on my bamf(300 each) and now they're at about 1100-1200 on my smart 3 (600 each) ... I just hope my shit ain't gonna go bad

Your subs should already be broken in being on the bamf. If you have a multimeter, check the ohms of your subs, just to make sure they're not damaged already

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

Something else I just thought about, what do you have the other settings on the amp at? The crossovers

High pass (10-90hz) Mine is set around 32.... Low pass (90-10khz) I got it barely bumped up so maybe 150hz? I dont know what that is actually at considering it goes up to 10k.... That little bump I did may be overdoing it which would make sense why my subs were a lil warm and a little smelly

Usually, people set their high pass filter half an octave below the tuning of the box. So if your box is tuned to 32 hz. I full octave is 32÷2. So 16 hz. Half of 16 is 8, so 8 plus 16 would be 24. So in this case you would set the high pass filter to 16. Usually people set their low pass filter to 80 hz. I never noticed the smart 3 only goes down to 90. So I guess set it at 90-100. Make sure your frequency and your bass boost are both turned all the way down. 

Hopefully that'll help with the subs getting warm. 

3 hours ago, liteblue said:

Sounds like your amp is turned up louder than you think 🤔

That's the thing, the smart 3 has a clip light and those subs should be able to handle the whole smart 3 as long as there's no clipping. So he knows he's not clipping at least. The amp will get a little warm, but the subs should not

54 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

That's the thing, the smart 3 has a clip light and those subs should be able to handle the whole smart 3 as long as there's no clipping. So he knows he's not clipping at least. The amp will get a little warm, but the subs should not

My subs havent gotten warm at all since the first day... I think they were playing too High of frequencies the first day... Conisdering the amp goes from 90-10k lol That might have jus been up a lillll too much.... I've been watching my clip light very close... Right now I've got minimum voltage drop and no clipping.. Its jus about perfect where its at... Until I get my alternator that is.... Oh and I ditched the 3.5 farad capacitor I had... I dont think it made any difference ... If anything the voltage drop is less than it was..

Archived