Sonic Electronix

Need help with amp and subs

Hi. I have plans to buy hifonics mxs 12d2 subwoofers 4 of them they're 1.5k rms https://www.xtremecar.no/hifonics-maxximus-mxs12d2-basselement-12-2x2-ohm.html like 340euro each are they still good these days i need some info about them and run with amp sundown sfb 13500d run everything for 2 ohms i saw dyno test did 8.4k with him http://sandviksbassogbongel.com/produkt/sundown-audio-sfb-13500d/ and thats pretty enought for 4 hifonics thinking to stay with 2 ohms. What you guys think about this setup?
First of all my plan was to buy sundown x15 v2 2x with sundown audio salt 4 but i found hifonics watched them just at youtube they sounded pretty bad ass soo i thinked 340 euro hifonics i can afford 2 of them instead of 1 sundown.

This is just my opinion. I wouldn't put 8400 watts to those hyphonics subs. Even accounting for impedance rise. Hyphonics aren't known for their subs being able to take more than they're rated. That's a good amp though. Make sure you've got plenty of electrical on tap though

Those maximus subs do look like some decently beefy subs though 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Seen one guy pushing 8k to 4 hifonics mxs but they was already custom rebuilded recon. with 8.4k rms amp giving 2.1k rms to each sub for 2ohms but if i change to 4ohm rated is 5550 rms amp in dyno test derek from sundown made 4.5k rms but he had low voltaze soo i guess should do around 6.5k with 14.4v.

Yeah, I would assume if they where rebuilt, dude probably beefed up the soft parts. 

Don't ever look at a speaker or amplifiers "peek power" rating. Those subs cannot handle 3k on a daily basis. I don't understand why manufacturers use them. It makes me mad lol

I am do 4 hifonics mxs soo 8.4k from amp is 2.1k each like 600rms more then rated i dont see bad or iam wrong ? Lol and if you can help with the batteries like how much will cost to power and how many ill need just to know in a future this setup probly will start like 2months later and ofc altenator will need for sure. I am guessing to pick this 13500d for a future system if i change to a bigger subs soo i have power more.😁

And a question about sundown audio sfb 13500d the voltage and how they work with low notes and which voltaze should by and which voltage they dont like cause ofc will drop down while listening? want to know more about those items cause i dont like buying spending money when you know nothing. its like a blind man would try to see. :)

To push those high wattage Sundown full bridge amps, you need power! 

Depending on the vehicle, the biggest alternator you can get, if it's not at least 370 amps, you might need 2. At least 3 AGM batteries 100 ah or more... though honestly, at that point, 1 100ah lithium battery would be better. Those amps are big boy amps! Takes big power! 

You're right, but smaller engines make it harder to get the electrical you need, though it's not impossible. Lithium dude! The rate that it can charge and discharge is unmatched by any AGM battery. And depending on the alternator size you can get, you might need 2. I don't know what good alternator makers you have it there (I'm in there US) but make sure it's a reputable company with a long warranty. Don't go cheap on the heart of your system 

Archived