Second Skin Audio

Dual 15 fi neo 4.11 fully loaded enclosure help

ReZiNaT3d

I'm looking for some help with an enclosure design, I'm building an enclosure for my 2012 tahoe- 2-15 neo 4.11 fully loaded.. third row seats are out and I plan on the box being flush with the bottom of second row head rest... I'm not quite sure exactly which route I should take, 4th order, 6 order, ported, def dont wanna wall off though?? Looking to be tuned at 29-30 hz,dimensions 28x19.25x48,  2 taramp 8ks.. any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

• ReZiNaT3d changed the title to Dual 15 fi neo 4.11 fully loaded enclosure help
  • 3 months later...

If those are external measurements you would have 12.65 cubic feet using .75 mdf.  Id probably go fourth order.  Let me see what winisd says.  Nope id go ported 12.65 gross cubic feet before sub and port displacements.  With three big a$$ eight inch ports and since they are adjustable make them 28 inches long with the flares for a 36 to 37 hz port tune.  Youll have to buy 4 of the ports because one will be to lengthen the other three.  I know its expensive for those ports but its the best way to go.  Youll have 150.72 square inches of port.  That will be 15.07 square inches of port per cubic feet since you will have 10.00 cubic feet after subs and port displacements.

https://www.bigass-ports.com/product-p/8vt-2.htm

Archived