This is my other daily driver (Volkswagen GTI). Wanted to do a small set up and leave some room in the hatch. Well that went sideways very quickly....

First I'd like to thank @1point21gigawatts for the countless hours he spent with helping me on chosing the amp, helping with box design, box finish etc. Dude knows his stuff and is willing to help on his own time. 

It started as a single amp and single 12 setup. It morphed as I got a good deal on the 8" subs and wanted to do something different.

For this "final" set up I'm running a Taramps MD3000 2ohm. Dual 8" WDXG5 subs, 75ah front agm, 100 ah rear agm. 140 amp alternator. Kenwood DMX 706s headunit

I was hoping to get to 140db. There are still a few tweaks I can do to try and get there. 

Dual 8 set up.jpg

Dual 8 SPL.jpg

AMM-1 Test.jpg

1 hour ago, GrinWorthyCars said:

Looks like fun for 2 8's.  What frequency is your box tuned to?  Those subs look like they have pretty good xmax.

I have it tuned for 34 hz. I couldn’t bring myself to tune it higher

I tried to get him to tune higher, but 34hz isn’t bad on them subwoofers. He designed that enclosure. I just made suggestions on that one. He did that one and did good. I helped with other enclosures he has. @pnutz37move that enclosure close to the hatch and a tad towards the center so the port can breathe and bonce better and you’ll do a 140. Because that port is surrounded by a lip and is too far from something to bounce off of. So now, it isn’t flowing and pressurizing optimally. That’s why positioning and location is very important on a subwoofer enclosure. Move it closer to the hatch and out of that panel lip and you should do a 140, no problem. You are welcome. And thank you for the shout out dude.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

40 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I tried to get him to tune higher, but 34hz isn’t bad on them subwoofers. He designed that enclosure. I just made suggestions on that one. He did that one and did good. I helped with other enclosures he has. @pnutz37move that enclosure close to the hatch and a tad towards the center so the port can breathe and bonce better and you’ll do a 140. Because that port is surrounded by a lip and is too far from something to bounce off of. So now, it isn’t flowing and pressurizing optimally. That’s why positioning and location is very important on a subwoofer enclosure. Move it closer to the hatch and out of that panel lip and you should do a 140, no problem. You are welcome. And thank you for the shout out dude.

You did try to get me to tune higher. I like the lows what can I say. I will mess around with box placement to get them numbers up. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 4:17 PM, pnutz37 said:

This is my other daily driver (Volkswagen GTI). Wanted to do a small set up and leave some room in the hatch. Well that went sideways very quickly....

First I'd like to thank @1point21gigawatts for the countless hours he spent with helping me on chosing the amp, helping with box design, box finish etc. Dude knows his stuff and is willing to help on his own time. 

It started as a single amp and single 12 setup. It morphed as I got a good deal on the 8" subs and wanted to do something different.

For this "final" set up I'm running a Taramps MD3000 2ohm. Dual 8" WDXG5 subs, 75ah front agm, 100 ah rear agm. 140 amp alternator. Kenwood DMX 706s headunit

I was hoping to get to 140db. There are still a few tweaks I can do to try and get there. 

Dual 8 set up.jpg

Dual 8 SPL.jpg

AMM-1 Test.jpg

**Edit switched my amp to a Taramps smart 3**

21F7E8AF-8497-49DE-8E1B-01E005B8AD67.jpeg

Archived