Sundown Audio

test tone db

Anthony10111

8 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

If you tune on a 0db tone, it isn’t gonna be as loud. -3db is louder. But that’s not enough. What type of music do you listen to?

boosie , slim thug, ugk, jeezy, big krit,  shit with alot of bass basically lol..I'm very picky cuz nobody can rap and put a beat together.. 

I mean, do you listen to regular music on Spotify or the radio, or iTunes or whatever, or do you listen to decaf and bass boosted music? The decibel level the type of music you listen to is gonna determine what decibel level to set your amp to.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

3 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I mean, do you listen to regular music on Spotify or the radio, or iTunes or whatever, or do you listen to decaf and bass boosted music? The decibel level the type of music you listen to is gonna determine what decibel level to set your amp to.

YouTube music, I've got downloaded songs from YouTube and I use youtube music for random playlist sometimes,, never bass boosted

If you have a dd1 and have found your head units max clean volume point by using a 0db 40hz tone on your subwoofer preout on your head unit and a 0db 1khz tone on your front and rear preouts on your head unit. If the volumes differ, then figure the middle volume. That would be you tuning volume point to tune your amps to and you wouldn’t be able to turn your volume past that point or you’ll be clipping. And since you don’t listen to bass boosted music, you should tune your subwoofer amp on a -10db  tone. If you don’t have a dd1, you can download a -10db 40hz tone here.
https://damore-engineering.myshopify.com/products/dd-1

A217D1E2-DE75-414B-8C87-A2ED955BEC37.jpeg.c97f69db6687786ad914567ca5709c3c.jpeg

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

7 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

If you have a dd1 and have found your head units max clean volume point by using a 0db 40hz tone on your subwoofer preout on your head unit and a 0db 1khz tone on your front and rear preouts on your head unit. If the volumes differ, then figure the middle volume. That would be you tuning volume point to tune your amps to and you wouldn’t be able to turn your volume past that point or you’ll be clipping. And since you don’t listen to bass boosted music, you should tune your subwoofer amp on a -10db  tone. If you don’t have a dd1, you can download a -10db 40hz tone here.
https://damore-engineering.myshopify.com/products/dd-1

A217D1E2-DE75-414B-8C87-A2ED955BEC37.jpeg.c97f69db6687786ad914567ca5709c3c.jpeg

Okay I'll do that but can you help me better understand the different db levels ? (0db, -5db, -10db) for subs and for highs 

7 minutes ago, Anthony10111 said:

Okay I'll do that but can you help me better understand the different db levels ? (0db, -5db, -10db) for subs and for highs 

Maybe this will help

Screenshot_20201103-215547_Samsung Internet.jpg

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Usually, with big subwoofers and big voice coils, you can get away with -10db easy. The little bit of excess heat generated, the subwoofer can deal with that. 

Put it this way @1point21gigawattshas taught me most of those information I'm giving you in the first place. You can trust him. Dude knows his shit👍

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived