Sundown Audio

test tone db

Anthony10111

4 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Usually, with big subwoofers and big voice coils, you can get away with -10db easy. The little bit of excess heat generated, the subwoofer can deal with that. 

Put it this way @1point21gigawattshas taught me most of those information I'm giving you in the first place. You can trust him. Dude knows his shit👍

I downloaded the 40hz -5 and -10 why does the -5 put out so much more power 

You know how bass boosted music is louder? It’s because it’s recorded on a “decibel” level closer to 0db. The closer to 0db, the louder, so to say. Regular music, is recorded on around -10db to -15db. Bass boosted music is recorded around -3db to -7.5db. So if you listen to a dj russticals song on your amp after you tuned it on a -10db tone, you are gonna clip on that bass boosted dj russticals song because he records his remaster music at -7.5db, which is louder. So if you ever listen to bass boasted music, you couldn’t turn up to the same unclipped volume on your head unit or bass knob the same as you would regular music if you tuned on a -10db tone. But if you tuned on a -5db tone, you could listen to bass boosted music too with minimum worries, but regular music wouldn’t be as loud as that -10db tuning. Keep in mind, that -10db tuning wouldn’t clip on regular music, but I would listen to some jeezy songs and see if you can smell coil after listening to a couple good jeezy bass songs, and if you smell coil, then tune the amp to a -5db tone if you listen to a good amount of jeezy songs. Because some of them jeezy songs, even on regular recordings on YouTube, work the shit out of subwoofers. I use to play jeezy songs and have my audio tuned correctly and I would eventually smell coil. So I would have to turn the volume down a couple notches on some jeezy songs, since I didn’t have a bass knob. So it depends on how much jeezy do you listen to if you should tune on a -5db tone or not.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived