Sonic Electronix

Yeah, there's no reason those sizes shouldn't work. 8 gauge or 10 gauge on the subs isn't overkill. I wouldn't use less to be honest. 12 is too small unless your only going 150 watts or so. But I guess that really only an opinion

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

So I went ahead and ran two runs of 12 through the door boots and used 12 for the tweets. Just because I already had it. I tell ya I'll never make that mistake again. Took hours to get both runs through the boots and then to get them to pass through the spot behind the kick panels into the cab. Next time I'm using smaller wire all around lmao.

I never knew installing a amp and components could be so difficult. What I thought I would have done in a single evening has stretched out into 2 days but should be all finished up tomorrow. Or atleast I hope so we will see what happens though.🤞

Here's a pic of the amps mounted on the rack. Ive still got to mount the crossovers and LEDs on the rack would have had that done tonight but didnt have the right hardware. 20210401_203532_HDR.thumb.jpg.bb5f100af12a19e6a01911a4e1531efd.jpgI know its a mess I'll have it cleaned up soon though just trying to get it done for now.20210401_221510_HDR.thumb.jpg.639dee37b4984ffddd62bc3451c829c7.jpg

Its been awhile since I've worked on one but if I remember correctly those silverados have big ole boots that aren't too much of a struggle. My buddy has one and he had me install a system in it for him and we've already had the dash out and switched for a new one. I gotta say it's quite pleasant to work on. This buick made me throw stuff and cuss. 🤣

Archived