Constant high pitch whine from sub?

I'm currently waiting for the CAB-22 to be fixed and sent back.

Now I'm having issues with my old amp that I'm using in the meantime. I've been running it for several days. This morning when I turned the car off it made a very loud boom/pop. Loud enough I jumped. Checked all my connections and they seem snug. I also noticed that when the car is running I can feel and very faintly hear some vibration/hum from the subwoofer. It didn't make the noise when I drove yesterday so I'm at a loss why it started all of a sudden.

• 2004 Tahoe Z71
  • Pioneer 80PRS
  • Taramps Smart 5
  • Sundown Xv3 15" (2)
  • Mechman 320a
  • XS Power D3400 (2)
  • KnuKonceptz wire and RCAs
  • Slam Panda knob (RJ45 model)

5 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

I'm currently waiting for the CAB-22 to be fixed and sent back.

Now I'm having issues with my old amp that I'm using in the meantime. I've been running it for several days. This morning when I turned the car off it made a very loud boom/pop. Loud enough I jumped. Checked all my connections and they seem snug. I also noticed that when the car is running I can feel and very faintly hear some vibration/hum from the subwoofer. It didn't make the noise when I drove yesterday so I'm at a loss why it started all of a sudden.

Your voltage isn't dropping too low while your listening to it is it? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Sounds like ground loop making the hum. It's intermittent due to change in atmospheric conditions. The loud pop is the soft turn on/off circuit died or equipment not turning off in the right order. Audio control has an article about the turn off pop. They suggest changing ground and or adding a small capacitor to the remote turn on to the amp so it turns off after the other equipment.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:52 PM, Dafaseles said:

Your voltage isn't dropping too low while your listening to it is it? 

I don't have a great volt meter, just using a basic cigarette lighter plug but it drops from 14.6 to 14.

Oddly enough after I posted I unplugged the RCA's to see if it would still do it. It went away.. So after checking all my connections, which were fine. I reconnected the RCA's and tried it again, no problems. Seemingly went away all on its own and hasn't done it since. I'm at a loss as to why caused it and how I fixed it by simply turning it on and off with the RCA's unplugged.

• 2004 Tahoe Z71
  • Pioneer 80PRS
  • Taramps Smart 5
  • Sundown Xv3 15" (2)
  • Mechman 320a
  • XS Power D3400 (2)
  • KnuKonceptz wire and RCAs
  • Slam Panda knob (RJ45 model)

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

I don't have a great volt meter, just using a basic cigarette lighter plug but it drops from 14.6 to 14.

Oddly enough after I posted I unplugged the RCA's to see if it would still do it. It went away.. So after checking all my connections, which were fine. I reconnected the RCA's and tried it again, no problems. Seemingly went away all on its own and hasn't done it since. I'm at a loss as to why caused it and how I fixed it by simply turning it on and off with the RCA's unplugged.

Well, a's looking as your not dipping below 12 volts, you're good. 

Maybe your RCA wasn't making a good connection to the amp. Unplugging and plugging them back in might have gotten them a more snug connection. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived