Sfb 3000 did more power on the dyno vs taramps. But both amps are beast's dollar to watt. Get which ever you can get cheaper. Unless you plan on going below 1 ohm but half bridge amp with the same power can be double the price. 

Get two new batteries. A xs power D series under the hood and the largest XP series you can afford for the trunk. There are other great brands I only have experience with xs power. 

Atleast replace factory battery before secondary if it is not agm and more then 5 years old. 3 years if you live some place with harsh winter or extreme heat. 

9 minutes ago, liteblue said:

Sfb 3000 did more power on the dyno vs taramps. But both amps are beast's dollar to watt. Get which ever you can get cheaper. Unless you plan on going below 1 ohm but half bridge amp with the same power can be double the price. 

Get two new batteries. A xs power D series under the hood and the largest XP series you can afford for the trunk. There are other great brands I only have experience with xs power. 

Atleast replace factory battery before secondary if it is not agm and more then 5 years old. 3 years if you live some place with harsh winter or extreme heat. 

Smart 3s can play at .5 ohm no problem, long term. My homeboy has his wired at .6 ohm, no problems. Plenty of full bridge Brazilian amps can play long term at .5 ohm. Brazilian amps have came a long way. Efficiency is the only problem.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

59 minutes ago, Smokey McPot said:

What amp is better I’ll get the electrical upgrades if I need to I just want to get the best amp for the sub. What would I need for electrical upgrades?

If you can upgrade your electrical then I would go with an sfb amp because those amps are better on rise. The smart 3s aren’t as impressive as we thought, when impedance rise comes into play. And smart 3s don’t do 3000 rms at 2ohms. Only at 1ohm. Same homeboy that has his wired at .6 ohm sends me amm1 readings.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived