Second Skin Audio

Box design for 4 Sa 8 V3 D4s

I need some help with a better box design, I built a 2.65ft^3 after displacement box (30"Wx15"Hx18.5"D) 3/4 mdf double baffled, tuned to 32ish hz with a 6"x22" flared at each end aero port for 4 Sundown Sa 8 V3 D4s wired to 1 ohm, powered by a Sundown SAE-2000D at 1 ohm and for lack of better terms it sounds like crap. This was my first build with an aero port, so I am guessing I made some errors resulting in the poor output I got with this box.

My electrical is a D3400 Xs Power under the hood and a Singer 250amp Alt, with 1 run of 2/0 Royal Excellence Welding cable.

Before this, I had 2 Sundown E8 V6s ran on 2 Alpine mrp-m500s on stock electrical that sounded better in the slot port box I made.

I have 35"Wx18"Hx20"D of space to work with in the back of a Van behind the 3rd row seats. Looking to do a Slot port.

I listen to a lot of rap and decaf rap, rock music.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: since I got no replies, I did more looking into my numbers and seems I only have 28.27in2 of port area instead of the 42-62in2 I should have aimed for. Big Oops.

Credit goes to Triticum's Improved Port Area Calculator V2, which is posted here on the forums as well.

Archived