Battery Delete

Ok to start I am a bit of a newbie here trying to put together my first pro audio setup. I have decided I want to run all my batteries in the trunk including the under hood being relocated. So I have a few questions. I have seen battery relocation kits, but what the empty shell with terminals used for under the hood and were do I connected my cars stock wires used to crank the car etc? And the batterys I plan to go with are 3 - DOWN4SOUND | D4S LTO 6.0 - 12V Lithium Batteries, 2 amps being CROSSFIRE CAR AUDIO XT-8K and CROSSFIRE CAR AUDIO C5-800-4. Will these 3 batteries be enough for the amps and the car? If not what battery should I go with for the cars electrical? 

What alternator are you running? 

As far as the delete goes, it's easier than you think. I was a little intimidated by it as well. Assuming your car doesn't have any kind of voltage management system, you do your big 3 (or considering how big your amps are, you want to do the big 4 upgrade and double to runs) just like you would if you had a battery sitting in the stock location. But instead of the battery, you'd just have some sort of battery terminal or distribution block of some sort. Then just connect the stock electrical to that along with the runs from the alternator, then some runs from that location back to the battery bank. I'm not even using a battery relocation kit. Just some battery terminals bolted to a thick piece of plywood. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2021 at 10:50 AM, Dafaseles said:

What alternator are you running? 

As far as the delete goes, it's easier than you think. I was a little intimidated by it as well. Assuming your car doesn't have any kind of voltage management system, you do your big 3 (or considering how big your amps are, you want to do the big 4 upgrade and double to runs) just like you would if you had a battery sitting in the stock location. But instead of the battery, you'd just have some sort of battery terminal or distribution block of some sort. Then just connect the stock electrical to that along with the runs from the alternator, then some runs from that location back to the battery bank. I'm not even using a battery relocation kit. Just some battery terminals bolted to a thick piece of plywood. 

So basically the only power at that front delete location /distribution block is the run/s from the alternator?

Yeah, basically. 

Let's take my setup as an example. I have a 370 amp alternator so I have 2 runs of 1/0 OFC cable going from my alternator to an 8 spot Sky High Car Audio battery terminal I have bolted to a 1" thick piece of plywood mounted right where the stock battery location is. Come to find out I didn't need an 8 spot, but that's besides the point lol. Connected to that terminal are all the vehicles stock electrical. Then, also coming from that terminal are 2 more runs of 1/0 going to the lithium in the back. 

Now, I have a regulated voltage controller on my truck. So I have to ground a bit different than just do the big 3/4 and be done with it. But that's how I have the power ran 

49 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Why not use the space, to add more reserve, instead of non helping terminals/disto block?

At least for me, I'm not willing to mix chemistries and (except for 1 type of xs battery) you can't put lithium under the hood because it gets too hot. For some, yeah toy can absolutely do that. No reason not to. Just me personally, I've had bad luck with isolators

Archived