Lithium to replace 100ah xp2500

Have a 2017 Infiniti q50 which has about a 170 amp alternator.

Amplifier is rated for 2k at 1ohm wired down to 0.5 ohm for box rise. My previous system had an upgraded alternator to account for the extra battery. Not looking to upgrade the alternator on this route. Looking for lithium to run along my AGM battery in the front. What ah/type should I be looking to replace the heavy (66lbs) while also saving space in my trunk. 

I wouldn't run lithium and an AGM. They will leach off each other and ruin the lifespan of expensive batteries. That being said, people have done it. 

I think those new XS lithium batteries are made to go along with AGM's. Check those out. 

I wouldn't think you'd need much. Maybe 15 ah. 30 ah to be on the safe side

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Thanks and yes I am aware that running lithium and AGM together would do that. If designed to work with AGM's I would hope they've taken that into account. XS power is using LTO I believe which should be better than LiFePO4 if I'm not mistaking.

15 minutes ago, 270trevon said:

Thanks and yes I am aware that running lithium and AGM together would do that. If designed to work with AGM's I would hope they've taken that into account. XS power is using LTO I believe which should be better than LiFePO4 if I'm not mistaking.

I actually just had this LTO/LifePo4 conversation with a friend last night ( @1point21gigawatts). So, neither is necessarily "better". Just different. If I understood him correctly, LTO had a higher resting voltage than the Lifepo4 and is safer to use. Though you need more amp hours in LTO to accomplish your goals. Not a huge deal. Lifepo4 has a lower resting voltage so they work better with AGM. Though like you said, those XS batteries state they work with AGM just fine. 

One thing I thought was cool was I was looking at the JY Power HP-40 and they have a reference chart. It's a 40 ah Lifepo4 lithium battery that with a 150 amp alternator can supply up to 5400 watts or so. Check it out

https://www.jypwr.com/

Another little nugget of info I thought was interesting off the JY website was this

https://www.jypwr.com/blog/how-to-wire-agm-and-lithium-batteries-together/

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived