I didn't take as much pictures or anything. But so far this is what I have. I'll start with my 1999 Bmw 323i 5spd. 

What is done so far, still not finished.

Agm h7 battery in original location.

Second Agm battery in trunk mounted on top of the original. 

1/0 CCA super flex power and grounds 

At the moment 12g true spec ofc speaker wire, I Have a roll of SHCA twisted 8g just haven't gotten to it 

Taramps Smart 3. 

Rockville low esr 50f capacitor. (Weirdly enough I don't know how well this works or how good but DS-18 sells the identical unit with their logo in place of the Rockville logo I assume it's the same thing just rebranded) 

The Box. Is 33x17.5x 15

40sq" port area, 3cf net, almost 4 gross. Port is 2.96x13.50 at the opening and is 25.24 long. Tuned at 33hz. All liquid nailed and predrilled holes using good quality finishing screws. Made from the best maple hardwood plywood home Depot sells. It was 64$ a sheet I used a little over half. 

The sub. Single

Skar zvxv2 12d2 wired to 1ohm. 

A great sub, this one subakes insane pressure. 

Jvc headunit(I have a nice pioneer flip out I might install though I haven't decided what I was want to do there, my old 325 I had a big knockoff direct fit Android screen)

Other things, rear deck removed speakers sound insulation and sound mat all removed. Part of the metal under the deck has been cut out, deck replaced and speaker grilles with everything gutted. It increased output To the cabin tremendously. Ski package cut out in the center of rear seats leaving a 1'x2" opening into the cabin about. 

I have two kids, boys 6yrs old. Love the bass, their poor ears but that's the reason I kept the build small and the backseat functional. It's not a folding option on either car and I can't just remove it because of kids. 

Still REALLY REALLY need a good high output alt. Hard to find for this car and year, might just do the power bastards one for 500$. Does 130+amps at idle 250+ and 1200rpm.  Unless someone can point me.elsewhere. Mechman said they wouldn't take on the job of making one. I already inquired. 

Looking into either ultra capacitor or a high amp lithium/agm bank/battery. Looking at limitless and some xs batteries. Also seen a few decent Chinese named ones I've seen people run. Also any advice there would be cool, don't wanna spend too much, I considered buying the caps or cells and making my own bank. 

Possibly in the future I left enough room to add a second 12 in the same box. It would share the airspace internally though. So I'm not sure might build another box of it comes to that. Or if FI speakers are back in stock during summer might pick two up or just another zvx because it's a great speaker and takes the power easily. 

The wife's car:

08 Lexus is250 awd. Stock everything but LOC 

Rockville Phenom rx3 (1000w rms clean power)

I loved the Rockville amp, I was beyond impressed compared to Rockville usual reviews. It used to power the zvx. And the custom type r I built before. 

Sealed box not sure cf and it was free so there is not speaker terminals on the box they removed them. 

2 JL w6v2 12s. 

Not going any farther than that with the mom mobile. 

Enough of my boring rambling, heres some pics, my bmw wiring is extremely far from neat, the Lexus is the definition of perfection 😂

For those I haven't introduced myself to I'm Nick, most forums I'm on as SQUIDzilla.

IMG_20210509_122610714.jpg

IMG_20210509_122604246.jpg

IMG_20210502_164846554.jpg

IMG_20210502_104932895.jpg

IMG_20210501_180626958.jpg

IMG_20210430_205858425.jpg

IMG_20210328_074015102.jpg

IMG_20210328_074020277.jpg

IMG_20210509_131326749.jpg

IMG_20210509_131339286.jpg

Some alternator companies to look into that do good work and will usually make one for an "odd" car are JS, Brand X, and Autotech engineering. Check them out and see what you can get. 

My opinion would be to completely ditch the cap. They don't ever seem to work well. A decent alternator and a good lithium battery and you'd have plenty of juice. Limitless, XS, JY Power, and CES make lithium that are respected. Can't go wrong with those. Or if you want to build your own, on the FI website, they have good Ying Long cells for sale and LAF Fabrication makes cool holders and wraps for them. 

Other than than, looking good bud

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Thanks! I finally had time today to change the jvc for the pioneer and the sound difference is insane. The pioneer destroys the jvc in every aspect. It's a pioneer avh7800bt

Archived