Sonic Electronix

This is SO bad ass, and on another level !

I know a few guys here and there (Sencheezy comes to mind) have played with high voltage systems that needed a huge amount of really heavy batteries wired to make enough volts. Okay. I guess that can work. But how about if your car already has a 400 volt battery built in ?

This guy says this is the "only" high voltage system running directly from an all electric cars battery ? He also keeps stressing how dangerous it is, so maybe if this was to get popular, 20 guys would die in the first year, then it would get outlawed. 

Anyway, show me a car this tiny, with a 100Kwt+ 12 volt setup ? I'm not sure that could even be done ? 

Another thought crosses my mind.... I think a LOT of guys would see this, and think, "Okay, that's pretty cool. But I don't have an all electric car, nor do I know when I ever will" ? So here's some food for thought. Why would you need an all electric car ? Large, high voltage replacement batteries for all electric cars are available from aftermarket companies starting at less than $2K. I wonder how much Sencheezys 24 AGM's cost ? And one of these high voltage batteries would probably fit fairly easily into most large SUV's, vans, trucks with shells, etc. The only other thing you would need would be a fast charger.... Or, you could just stop by a fast charging station on your way to the shows :)

Alright, so this is probably an extremely technical and dangerous venture. But just the fact that this guy actually did it, with apparent success, I'm surprised to not see a few of the big guys in car audio, building this type of system ? 

Oh and BTW, while some parts of this system might be very expensive, that 112Kwt high voltage amplifier, is going for only $800 ! ;) So when guys are spending $20K or more on multiple 12volt amps, just look at how much extra $$$ they would have to spend elsewhere.

PS, This guy has quite a few short videos on this build, and even a demo, but you kind of have to bounce around looking to find them. I found a complete list somewhere, but can't find it now...

I'm trying to find a ported box design for 4 skar evl 12s that will be going in a 2003 ram 4 door with the back seat removed so their is plenty of room have two skar rp 2000.1 d amps . I'm a carpenter so I'm good with work with wood not so much with computers . So any suggestions or if there is somewhere I can pay for design I'd appreciate the info. 

On 5/13/2021 at 8:18 AM, Fish Chris said:

I know a few guys here and there (Sencheezy comes to mind) have played with high voltage systems that needed a huge amount of really heavy batteries wired to make enough volts. Okay. I guess that can work. But how about if your car already has a 400 volt battery built in ?

This guy says this is the "only" high voltage system running directly from an all electric cars battery ? He also keeps stressing how dangerous it is, so maybe if this was to get popular, 20 guys would die in the first year, then it would get outlawed. 

Anyway, show me a car this tiny, with a 100Kwt+ 12 volt setup ? I'm not sure that could even be done ? 

Another thought crosses my mind.... I think a LOT of guys would see this, and think, "Okay, that's pretty cool. But I don't have an all electric car, nor do I know when I ever will" ? So here's some food for thought. Why would you need an all electric car ? Large, high voltage replacement batteries for all electric cars are available from aftermarket companies starting at less than $2K. I wonder how much Sencheezys 24 AGM's cost ? And one of these high voltage batteries would probably fit fairly easily into most large SUV's, vans, trucks with shells, etc. The only other thing you would need would be a fast charger.... Or, you could just stop by a fast charging station on your way to the shows :)

Alright, so this is probably an extremely technical and dangerous venture. But just the fact that this guy actually did it, with apparent success, I'm surprised to not see a few of the big guys in car audio, building this type of system ? 

Oh and BTW, while some parts of this system might be very expensive, that 112Kwt high voltage amplifier, is going for only $800 ! ;) So when guys are spending $20K or more on multiple 12volt amps, just look at how much extra $$$ they would have to spend elsewhere.

PS, This guy has quite a few short videos on this build, and even a demo, but you kind of have to bounce around looking to find them. I found a complete list somewhere, but can't find it now...

That it's pretty crazy! Finally got some time to watch it. 

The amount of craziness in that battery setup....I don't even know how to process that. He said when he plays it he's no where near the back🤣

My main concern is that when these damn electric vehicles take over, there goes the big audio system. Aside from it being dangerous, and well over what a basshead would put in most daily drivers, even a 10k system would drain an electric cars battery too quickly to make it worth having... in a daily driver I mean. I'm afraid for my hobbie. 

That being said, I wonder, even at a stand still because I'm sure this is 100% a demo vehicle, how long it takes for him to drain the battery while playing. 

I can't find it but I remember I on Instagram I saw a dude with 4 pride 18's in a hatchback (not as small as a fiat 500, but damn close) .... dude had 25k on each 18 😳 so the 100k 12v (maybe dude was running 16 out 17v. It didn't say) has been done. But few and far between I'm sure. And those Russian bassheads are crazy lol

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Dafaselas, TY for biting 🙂

But no ! Here is another cool, crazy thing about these high voltage systems ! They can play for many hours, at full tilt ! For one thing, being very high voltage, makes them crazy efficient. Like 90%

Then, consider this > these big onboard batteries are designed to push a 3000-5000 lb car, down a freeway at 65mph > for many hours. Stands to reason that they could push a few subwoofer cones really hard for a long time too ?

And btw, I don't know if you have watched any of Sencheezys high voltage car audio vids, but this was one of the plus sides for his setup too. Apparently, although it took him a long time to charge his 24 big AGM batteries, in the end, he was still making 240 volts, and he said they would literally play "all day" at a car stereo show ! 

Oh and this guy with the Fiat, does actually use this car for at least some daily driving. In one of his videos, he is using it to go to the gym. 

PS, although I think if a guy were going to go through all this trouble to create a crazy high voltage car audio system, he might as well shoot for at least 100Kwts. Heck, why not 250Kwts ? 😃 I know I would. But in reality, they actually make some "tiny little" 30Kwt high voltage amps, for modest little setups too 😃 lol

Archived