Changin it up. Need suggestions.

I have 4 SKAR EVL 12D4 in a 96 gran Cherokee running off 2 strapped SKAR rp3500.1D. Thinking about going 15s or maybe even deaf bounce apocalypse 21 neo. Current system sounds great just feels a bit light when it hits. Flexing panels and knocking off shit from shelves on the second story from driveway. Looking for a bit deeper punch as well as solid. Open to all suggestions. Want to keep the amps but willing to put $2k into the upgrade. Or should I just toss 2 more EVL’s and 2 more RP 3500.1s 3 per strapped block?

What does your box build look like?  How big/port tuning etc.  Also, have you clamped the power leads to the rp3500s?  What does current draw look like?  What are you running for alternators and batteries?  That's a lot of current consumption for the existing setup.  If you add 2 more 3500.1s that's half again as much current draw.

I'm wondering if box tuning and/or beefing up on the electrical side might get you closer with your existing setup.

4 15s in the same class as your 12s will definitely have the capability for more air displacement/SPL, even on the same power, but they are going to require a LOT more air space.

Can't wait to hear back and would love to see a picture of your current setup.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay, I did decide to go up on the amount of subs to 6 Skar EVL 12D4. I have them parallel/series wired to I believe 1.333. Same amp set up just added a SkarRp150.4 for mids/highs. As for power I have 2 Xs power 800 Amp in parallel for my engine/vehicle off of factory alternator. As for the system I have 2 deep cycle marine ( oriely auto parts ) brand. Believe it or not for $100 the batteries blow my mind.. drove for 3days on one while running the system without the alternator at all. Struggled at end but still powered it. Anyway, those (2nd) batts are off their own (2nd) factory rated alternator. 150 Amp each. Every cable is doubled at connection and 1/0 ga. I’ve never noticed any power drain or dimming of anything. When on and running with all acc on I sit at 12.8-10.2 v volume dependent. 
  So the new box is internally 40x20x22 which is 3 subs and 2 overall boxes. 96 sq in port area. Now some calls say 28’’ for port length some have said 28 cm I tried at 28’’ first. Port is approx 5’’ x 20’’ at that length. Internal bracing is equal to (2) sides so .75x20x22. I have stopped at single layer on box cause I’m unsure if I keep this setup or go 4th order. I really want to do a 4th order. Currently it does a 143.3 @ 37-39 hz and haven’t really pushed it but I have the feeling I’m able to get a lot more out of it with tuning or a 4th. Doing first competition this month in a couple weeks. Would be up against 6 12s walled in an extended cab Chevy truck. He does 147. Any help is welcome. 

0652BC9C-30F9-4336-AE47-FA15B68DB160.jpeg

61FBC4A8-B417-4893-98C8-34AA76086B89.jpeg

Archived