Battery help: AGM

25 minutes ago, BassMunky said:

Yes I think soo.. it a brand new alternator.  Is it wiring???? I have 3 grounds big 3

What size engine do you have and what amperage is the alternator and what brand is the alternator?  

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

33 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

What size engine do you have and what amperage is the alternator and what brand is the alternator?  

2.7  4 cylinder 80 amp

Napa brand alt... 

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Your battery's are fine (most likely)

The drop, to 13, is your alt. Not the batteries, i hightly doubt your batteries are chilling at 13plus .... Relax, and let it eat. 

If you feel frisky, load test them. ... remove the cables, put your meter on them, look at nominal voltage, then, hook something, anything up to them, (ive used a 12v computer fan, 12v led's, a ton of shit, it doesnt have to be a large draw) and see if they tank,... if they do, you have a bad cell, if not , then your fine. My guess is your fine, .... let it eat. 

3 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

The drop, to 13, is your alt. Not the batteries, i hightly doubt your batteries are chilling at 13plus .... Relax, and let it eat. 

If you feel frisky, load test them. ... remove the cables, put your meter on them, look at nominal voltage, then, hook something, anything up to them, (ive used a 12v computer fan, 12v led's, a ton of shit, it doesnt have to be a large draw) and see if they tank,... if they do, you have a bad cell, if not , then your fine. My guess is your fine, .... let it eat. 

One battery was good the other had drastic discharge....

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

11 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

13 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

How many watts are you pushing? And what agm's are you using? 

Is this normal....

Driving charge at 14.3 when I come to a stop it will drop to 13.8 13.6.. then when I move again. I spike to 15 then drop to 14.3

Archived