Sonic Electronix

Current setup consists of two dc lvl 5 12's, two B2 riot 7500's, one limitless lithium 45 ah. The vehicle is a Nissan 370z that's walled off. I have my amps mounted to the top of the box since that's really my only option. Space is extremely limited with this build. So the amps are right under the rear window. I have already put the foil windshield cover on the rear window to keep the direct sun out but it still gets really hot back there. I've been thinking of doing a push pull system with seaflo fans utilizing the trunk air release vents. My only concern is water mist on a rainy day possibly making its way into the trunk area. Is there a material I can use that will block water but still let air through?

16 hours ago, tmoney09 said:

Current setup consists of two dc lvl 5 12's, two B2 riot 7500's, one limitless lithium 45 ah. The vehicle is a Nissan 370z that's walled off. I have my amps mounted to the top of the box since that's really my only option. Space is extremely limited with this build. So the amps are right under the rear window. I have already put the foil windshield cover on the rear window to keep the direct sun out but it still gets really hot back there. I've been thinking of doing a push pull system with seaflo fans utilizing the trunk air release vents. My only concern is water mist on a rainy day possibly making its way into the trunk area. Is there a material I can use that will block water but still let air through?

Almost any kind of cloth would work. Kind of like a filter. You'd have to maybe cut something in order to make it fit. Even if the cloth filter does get wet, and let water through, it'll be such a small amount that it probably wouldn't even make its way through the fan 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived