Sonic Electronix

B2 tweeters are not loud enough. What do I do?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zori.L83 said:

Rough estimate I set it at 80-90Hz. Even on my sub amp it doesnt have accurate dials but it is certainly easier to tune than the 4 channel. In the picture below i made a little red mark to where its at

InkedInkedMX2000.1-Side-Panels_LI.jpg

How does it sound now?  Is it any better?

4 hours ago, Arthur79 said:

How does it sound now?  Is it any better?

Ok so I got around to doing what you said. Yes it does sound better, the sound quality doubled too but there is still something weird. At 90Hz when i was raising the gain, the tweeter wanted more lol. The tweeter still has a lot more room to go. I raised the gain to where the tweeter distorts and backed it down which was perfect to where I wanted it in the beginning of this post but at that gain level the 6.5 woofer sounded terrible. It didn't bottom out which was good but it distorted so I had to back the gain down even more to compensate for that which also sacrificed the tweeters power if that makes sense. Can I just get a new 6.5 and hook it up to this same crossover? Pretty much just swap out the 6.5? 

2 minutes ago, Zori.L83 said:

Ok so I got around to doing what you said. Yes it does sound better, the sound quality doubled too but there is still something weird. At 90Hz when i was raising the gain, the tweeter wanted more lol. The tweeter still has a lot more room to go. I raised the gain to where the tweeter distorts and backed it down which was perfect to where I wanted it in the beginning of this post but at that gain level the 6.5 woofer sounded terrible. It didn't bottom out which was good but it distorted so I had to back the gain down even more to compensate for that which also sacrificed the tweeters power if that makes sense. Can I just get a new 6.5 and hook it up to this same crossover? Pretty much just swap out the 6.5? 

I don't see any reason you couldn't swap the 6.5s as long as they are the same impedance (I think yours are 4 Ω) 

Did you set the tweeter switch to +3db in the crossovers?  That should brighten them up.

4 minutes ago, Arthur79 said:

I don't see any reason you couldn't swap the 6.5s as long as they are the same impedance (I think yours are 4 Ω) 

Did you set the tweeter switch to +3db in the crossovers?  That should brighten them up.

Oh I completely forgot about that. I gotta take the door panels off for that. If I was to set it at +3db it would not make the 6.5 distort right? The gain is slightly close to the minimum on my amp.

2 minutes ago, Zori.L83 said:

Oh I completely forgot about that. I gotta take the door panels off for that. If I was to set it at +3db it would not make the 6.5 distort right? The gain is slightly close to the minimum on my amp.

No, that switch just changes the tweeter output inside the crossover, it shouldn't change/distort the 6.5 at all 🙂 

21 hours ago, Arthur79 said:

No, that switch just changes the tweeter output inside the crossover, it shouldn't change/distort the 6.5 at all 🙂 

Ok so I hit the switch and this system sounds beautiful. From the tweeter being on my sail panel, it faces the dashboard on both sides. Now I just need to figure out how I can make the tweeters face me and the passenger for the passenger side while keeping it in an enclosure. Other than that, its great for now until I can make those little changes. Thank you for all the help @Dafaseles @Arthur79 and for saving my pockets! Learned alot on this one

1 hour ago, Zori.L83 said:

Ok so I hit the switch and this system sounds beautiful. From the tweeter being on my sail panel, it faces the dashboard on both sides. Now I just need to figure out how I can make the tweeters face me and the passenger for the passenger side while keeping it in an enclosure. Other than that, its great for now until I can make those little changes. Thank you for all the help @Dafaseles @Arthur79 and for saving my pockets! Learned alot on this one

Awesome!  I'm glad to hear you were able to get them sounding better!

Archived