Sonic Electronix

Need advise on how to get more DB's

Here it is, i have 4dr f150 no wall sub box.  Five Sundown U-15" D2 subs at .8ohms powered off a Crescendo 17k.  I have 320amp upgraded alt, all the Big 3.  Upgraded AGM under the hood, 4 AGM in back.  Voltage holds good. I compete and its my daily driver.  Box is 17.5cu after displacement.  193sqin slot port tuned to 32HZ.  Box is 58" x 30" x 28"

I can hit a 154 but want more, any suggestions on how i can squeeze out more DB's?  I have sound deadener throughout. 

Bigger enclosure and more port area. That’s not enough port area. That’s the main problem I see. The net volume needs to be bigger to be optimal, but can do well at 3.5 cube per like you have it, but definitely need more port area. You should be doing as way better score than what you are doing. Port positioning could possibly not be good too. Post pictures and know that that enclosure is holding you back. But I need to see it so I can tell you about positioning.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Walling it would be the best bet. But you could do subwoofers inverted on top and front and port driver’s side if you are content on a no wall. Let’s see them sexy subwoofers and amp in that enclosure and mix. I’d love to see. I’m thinking of buying a nendo 17k too.

Inverted allows to make the enclosures width smaller to fit the side port. Side port horizontal and bottom off enclosure facing the same port height as distance from side panel on door. Because the port height is the smaller measurement of that slot port, making its measurement or close to, the ideal distance from any surface. That’s if you want optimal performance on that build as a no wall. Since subwoofers are gonna be inverted would probably put you in a wall class or advance no wall, if they want to be cool, so you mine well build a wall if you aren’t happy with your subwoofer enclosure build like it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived