Sonic Electronix

2005 chevy blazer rear glass rattling BAD

any blazer guys on here that know what im talking about ? its bad,i have one sundown NSV4 18 and the box is aiming the best way but,,,,so its sub up 8 inch aero port to the back down low and this thing hits the lows damn.but the rear glass rattles so bad i swear i think im losing bass out the hatch.its even making blowing air sounds in those slots on the corners of the plastic around the side glass.

so ive got to do something,i tried foam around the window and different types too,what if ????

what if i got black electrical tape and put it all on my rear glass for easy removal,then stick layers of second skin on it like at the bottom,or get a piece of wood stick foam on it then stick it on the glass with second skin ? its messing my game up guys.any thoughts or ideas,im all ears ok.

oh i forgot,when i bought this blazer i gutted it and put over a 100 lbs. of deadener in it from top to bottom,the roof is now like a brick house , because i knew that part would be bad.so yea just the stupid back glass and i knew it would rattle but good lord not like its doing.any ideas on how or what i can do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One thing I've done is put layers of magnet tape on the window hatch and the steel of the hatch to "prestress" the lower corners of the glass. 

I now have to press slightly to get the glass closed, not sure if it helped volume, but it should reduce the window resonating. 

You could also check the latch to make sure it hasn't come unglued from the window, I had to re-glue mine. 

Archived