Skar Audio ZVX-18v2 D1

I have a 2002 Chevy Suburban 1500.

What are your reccomendations for amplifier/s to push 2 - Skar Audio ZVX-18v2 D1 ???

What's a decent alternator to upgrade with ??? 

Also, what's the difference in mounting subs woofer face up or magnet up ???

Sincerely appreciate all input!!!

As far as amplifier, anything 4000-4500 watts would be fine. You'll probably want to go with 1 amp because you have 2 dual 1's, so with one amp you'll be able to run at 1 ohm. 

As far as brand... I'd say just stay away from dual, boss, power acoustic, and hyphonics. Any of the big brands would do you well. Most amplifiers today will do rated or a little more. 

Alternator, you've got it easy having an older suburban. Everyone makes alternators for your truck. Mechman, singer, brand x and JS come to mind. 

And the mounting is just a preference thing. No real benefit either way usually. Motor up means the enclosure can be smaller because there is no subwoofer displacement inside the box, but 99% of the sub is outside the box. And cone out is just the opposite. The only thing is you have to reverse the polarity if you're running motor up. When the bass hits, it's usually preferable to have the cone move towards the outside of the box first, then recoil into the box. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out!