1500.d @ 1ohm skar amp

2 hours ago, SkarMan said:

Everything is stock but my big 3 I get 14.4 without no extras hooked up. Can my stock 110 alt survive? I’m seriously trying to save money.

Survive what? Need some more information

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

Survive what? Need some more information

He is talking about would a big 3 and his stock alt support a Skar rp1500d. Im guessing it isn’t an sk1500d because of a few hints I assessed. I could be wrong. But either way, current draw is similar. So to answer that question, yes, that is fine, but a second battery (agm, preferably 80ah-120ah) is needed to stabilize voltage to get longevity out of his car audio gear, but stock on a big 3 would survive but would have to be monitored on long and hot plays or anything that causes voltage dipping would not only over work that amp and heat it up but then the subwoofer(s) would clip. So to survive on that setup, the user would have to be cautious and smart.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

16 hours ago, SkarMan said:

Everything is stock but my big 3 I get 14.4 without no extras hooked up. Can my stock 110 alt survive? I’m seriously trying to save money.

It will survive, but you'll have to keep an eye on voltage.

An AGM battery or a second lead battery would be a great option as 1.21Gw said :)

Archived