Sundown Audio

Infinity K600

Dakotah

Does anyone have any Dino results for one of these? Or anything at all? Looking for more information on an Infinity k600. I've seen a single old video online for it's bigger brother, the k1000, and I vaguely remember it peaking at 1590 some odd watts. Just curious what this little amp I have actually does.

A little back story. I bought an infinity Kappa "1000w" subwoofer in a sound ordinance sealed box with this k600 amp. This was about 3 years ago and I paid 120 bucks for the lot. I just wanted to add the slightest bit of bump to my wife's new Altima's factory Bose system and it did the job nicely. That car has since been totaled(no one was hurt). I built a 3 cube slot port box for the "1000w" and promptly blew it right the fuck up in a different car with a different amp and plenty of clipping. The amp has set ever since. That is until recently I wired it up in the back of a 2004 R50 Mini Cooper Hardtop. I deleted the rear seats and added a false floor made of 3/4 oak cabinet stock, carpeted to match the cheap black mini carpet. Underneath the floor lives the Amp and it's wiring. I have them hooked up to 2 Skar VD-8 D2's wired to a total load of 2ohms in a 1.5 net cube 3/4 birch cabinet stock box slot ported and "tuned"(sbbox garbage) to 45hz. They honestly feel under-powered and I've got an urge to buy 2 more VD-8's and run them in a 4-5 cube slot port box with a good deal more power, but that's for a different forum post. I think the amp is once again going back into a build for a car my wife is buying off her brother in a few months. I just want to be a little more educated about how this amp actually performs so I can pick proper speaker and mayyyybe try my hand at a band-pass box.

Archived