Is my electrical good enough?

So I’m installing 2 zv5 18s with 2 massive drago 6ks (3krms) I have the big 3, xs power d3400 in the rear, stock alt and stock front battery.

I ordered a 300amp alt from JS but it won’t arrive until about the 27th, I also ordered a xs d3100 for under the hood that will not be in stock for shipping for 1 to 2 weeks, so my question is can I play my system safely until the parts arrive or is it to dangerous for the amplifiers and I should wait?

ive been told that these amplifiers would need about 320a each to run safely at .5 ohm but I will be running a final load of 2 ohms so 1 ohm to each. Thank you for any input 👍🏽

also my stock alt puts out 110a

8 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

So 1 ohm to each amp? Where does the 2 ohm come in at? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from

My understanding is that I have to have my subs wired to 2ohm in order to pull 1 ohm from each amplifier 

or is it that I have to wire each sub at 1 ohm to get 1 from each of the amps?

No need to be sorry bud. We've all had to learn at some point. 

You can strap them together. No problem. That'll actually keep you from having to gain match them. Problem is, you're amplifier(s) have to see a final load of 2 ohm to be linked. So each sub would have to be wired at 4 ohm. 

4 ohm +4 ohm=2 ohm

2 ohm+2 ohm=1 ohm

1 ohm+1 ohm=.5 ohm

Screenshot_20210611-185518_Drive.jpg

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

And yes, on the what you have electrical, running 6000 watts, you can damage your amplifiers and subs. The amplifiers won't have enough juice to eat

59 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

And yes, on the what you have electrical, running 6000 watts, you can damage your amplifiers and subs. The amplifiers won't have enough juice to eat

Thank you buddy! You even took the time to check the amp specs which is more than I was expecting. I should be good once the alt and the front battery come in right? 

1 hour ago, DallasBass91 said:

Thank you buddy! You even took the time to check the amp specs which is more than I was expecting. I should be good once the alt and the front battery come in right? 

In my opinion, it'll be close. If you're not planning on getting an in dash voltmeter, I'd get one so you can monitor what's going on back there in case there is an issue down the road

2 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

In my opinion, it'll be close. If you're not planning on getting an in dash voltmeter, I'd get one so you can monitor what's going on back there in case there is an issue down the road

I plan to use one, I think other than adding more batteries or switching to lithium’s there’s nothing I can do for more power that I know of. My vehicle only fits 1 alternator it’s a 2015 altima

Archived