Second Skin Audio

I got scammed! 😭

How bad are the sundown x series v1? When I say bad I mean compared to zv5 A guy just sold me what he said were 2 zv5 18s but now that I got them I see they are x18 v1 T_T I have 6k rms to put on these and I don’t think these are gonna handle that at all. Im debating trying to sell these to make some of my money back and buying zv6s from D4S. What do you guys think? I’m bummed 

sorry if this is the wrong section I saw subwoofers and figured posting here would be ok

Sundown x series subwoofers aren’t that loud in a regular enclosure. But I have seen x series subwoofer do nice in bp enclosures. Not so much spl geared unless you put them subwoofers in a super nice bp enclosure. More so musical soft parts on that subwoofer. But the zv5s are nasty though, in any enclosure. I had one. So I’m knowing the zv6s go hard too. My vote is sell them subwoofers and get some zv6s and then in the future upgrade to a nice Korean 8k if you wanna ball out like a boss or a nice Brazilian 8k-12k if you are on a budget.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

15 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Sundown x series subwoofers aren’t that loud in a regular enclosure. But I have seen x series subwoofer do nice in bp enclosures. Not so much spl geared unless you put them subwoofers in a super nice bp enclosure. More so musical soft parts on that subwoofer. But the zv5s are nasty though, in any enclosure. I had one. So I’m knowing the zv6s go hard too. My vote is sell them subwoofers and get some zv6s and then in the future upgrade to a nice Korean 8k if you wanna ball out like a boss or a nice Brazilian 8k-12k if you are on a budget.

I don’t think I have have the space for a 4th order. Have you ever seen one in a regular sedan? Taramps bass 8k sounds like the plan with the zv6s I’m going to be using this build for musical not any plans to compete or even meter but it would be nice to move some air ya know? I’ll probably end up selling these x series But it would be nice to have them sounding good while I’m waiting for them to sell. 4th order would be the best way for that to happen huh?

6 minutes ago, DallasBass91 said:

I don’t think I have have the space for a 4th order. Have you ever seen one in a regular sedan? Taramps bass 8k sounds like the plan with the zv6s I’m going to be using this build for musical not any plans to compete or even meter but it would be nice to move some air ya know? I’ll probably end up selling these x series But it would be nice to have them sounding good while I’m waiting for them to sell. 4th order would be the best way for that to happen huh?

Are them x18s dual 4s or dual 2s?

Or you could squeeze that whole enclosure in your b pillar and do a vertical facing 4th order enclosure like you see in suvs and hatches. Instead of using the trunk as the sealed section with the subwoofers mounted inverted in the b pillar and then make the ported section in the village as a wall of coarse, so its a horizontal 4th order pushing pressure straight to the a pillar. That would be nice. I’d do that. Who needs backseats anyways lol.

After thinking about it. It would be better for you just to do a wall. Bassmunky is correct. I don’t want you running into a headache or problem because 2 18s in a 4th order enclosure in a sedan is a hard task and wouldn’t be musical because the sealed section would have to be smaller than anticipated but it would help the ported section, if big enough, increase output at higher frequencies. But the build would have to be tinkered with to find the correct sound. That build would be difficult even to a pro that builds and designs subwoofer enclosures. How many people have you seen or heard of doing 2 18s in a bp enclosure in a sedan? I haven’t. When it comes to 2 18s in a sedan, you see people wall it. I remember that’s what you wanted to do to begin with. I didn’t remember that until I read bassmunky’s post. Lol I am tripping. So just sell them subwoofers and buy some better subwoofers and build a wall with the port in an area that is not blocked. Are you set on zv6s or are you open to other subwoofers. What type of amp do you have?

Archived