Second Skin Audio

I got scammed! 😭

12 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

After thinking about it. It would be better for you just to do a wall. Bassmunky is correct. I don’t want you running into a headache or problem because 2 18s in a 4th order enclosure in a sedan is a hard task and wouldn’t be musical because the sealed section would have to be smaller than anticipated but it would help the ported section, if big enough, increase output at higher frequencies. But the build would have to be tinkered with to find the correct sound. That build would be difficult even to a pro that builds and designs subwoofer enclosures. How many people have you seen or heard of doing 2 18s in a bp enclosure in a sedan? I haven’t. When it comes to 2 18s in a sedan, you see people wall it. I remember that’s what you wanted to do to begin with. I didn’t remember that until I read bassmunky’s post. Lol I am tripping. So just sell them subwoofers and buy some better subwoofers and build a wall with the port in an area that is not blocked. Are you set on zv6s or are you open to other subwoofers. What type of amp do you have?

I’m not dead set on zv6s I’m open to others, I’m using 2 massive drago 6k amps. The only thing I worry about with woofers is being stuck playing only lows, I’ve always had high tuned boxes that play 40s with authority but I really wanna get some good lows now. Any sub that is maybe a better price than 950 each and can still handle power would be a godsend. I plan on going to a taramps bass 8k eventually but that’s probably going to be it

15 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

After thinking about it. It would be better for you just to do a wall. Bassmunky is correct. I don’t want you running into a headache or problem because 2 18s in a 4th order enclosure in a sedan is a hard task and wouldn’t be musical because the sealed section would have to be smaller than anticipated but it would help the ported section, if big enough, increase output at higher frequencies. But the build would have to be tinkered with to find the correct sound. That build would be difficult even to a pro that builds and designs subwoofer enclosures. How many people have you seen or heard of doing 2 18s in a bp enclosure in a sedan? I haven’t. When it comes to 2 18s in a sedan, you see people wall it. I remember that’s what you wanted to do to begin with. I didn’t remember that until I read bassmunky’s post. Lol I am tripping. So just sell them subwoofers and buy some better subwoofers and build a wall with the port in an area that is not blocked. Are you set on zv6s or are you open to other subwoofers. What type of amp do you have?

Yea trying to do a 4th order in this car with my skill set would be like trying to ascend in a single bound 

seen 2 12"s or 15's cant remember doing 151 not sure the wattage though  in a ported box im pretty sure there's a few videos on youtube with them hitting high numbers ... v2 though so not sure about the v1's  id say play with them and see how you like them... 

1 hour ago, CstrokerV said:

seen 2 12"s or 15's cant remember doing 151 not sure the wattage though  in a ported box im pretty sure there's a few videos on youtube with them hitting high numbers ... v2 though so not sure about the v1's  id say play with them and see how you like them... 

I’ll be trying them for at least a month most likely while I try to find something else. 
I’d be open to affordable suggestions up to the zv6 price range if you guys have any input

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Do a 4 15 ssa zcon wall or resilient sounds platinums or crossfire c7s.

Lol that would be badass but I’m already locked in on the 2 18 build. Don’t really want to mess around with any rebuilding once it’s finished. Thanks for the suggestion though. Actually looks really good since each sub doesn’t require near as much box volume

7 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Do 2 upgraded zcon 18s then. About $600 per subwoofer and zcons are nasty.

dude does a 158.2.

He must’ve got a really good pair if they can smoke that much and still go! They look like a good set I’ll definitely keep looking into those the price looks like a steal!

Look at the numbers compared to cone area and rms. That tells you them subwoofers and that enclosure are doing good. I wanna do 4 18” zcons. Then subwoofers do well on no walls and walls. Nice pressure like a bp enclosure but not a bandpass enclosure.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived