this is a nostalgia build first subs ever bought always ran them until i got my DCs  favorite subs i had was the bubble dome stokers loud and sounded nice. still run the home speakers i bought in 1996 vs100 ..   Not sure when im going to do a full build just starting this so I don't have to start it later... not sure what subs I'm going to use, but for now until i decide I'm going to be using my dc lvl3 m1 12"s  didn't want to go full bridge or a class d for mids and highs but since i dont know how long im going to run this equipment I went cheapish 

spacer.png

That will be a fun build.  I've been keeping my eye out for a late 80s or early 90s Fox Body 5.0 Mustang hatchback that I could do a period accurate nostalgia build.  That would be the car I lusted after in my teens, and would be awesome to get one in decent shape, maybe do some light restoration  and do a period accurate system build.  I fell down a rathole on ebay last night looking at the old CV Stroker subs, old PPI amps stuff like that.

Can't wait to see the build come together!

I want the classic pro stroker subwoofer but out of my price range for a nostalgia build looking at the Vegas since they still have the red surround…. Or the regular stroker and just have red accents not sure yet I have company coming for the month of July so not sure when I’ll get started 

My worth nothing opinion, nostalgia build, my vote is for the red surround. 100%. Nothing says old school Cerwin Vega (at least to me) more than those red surrounds 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I can remember hacking together a box for a vega with the red surround in my teens, it looked like total crap, but was so cool at the same time.  I was looking at the Ecstacy subs on the Legends of Car Audio ebay store with the purple surrounds.  It would be cool to do a 90s bandpass for a pair of those similar to what Soundman did in his son's car. 

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

My worth nothing opinion, nostalgia build, my vote is for the red surround. 100%. Nothing says old school Cerwin Vega (at least to me) more than those red surrounds 

Yeah probably going with a pair of the Vegas but to me the classic strokers and red surrounds is both nostalgia to me 

14 minutes ago, Arthur79 said:

I can remember hacking together a box for a vega with the red surround in my teens, it looked like total crap, but was so cool at the same time.  I was looking at the Ecstacy subs on the Legends of Car Audio ebay store with the purple surrounds.  It would be cool to do a 90s bandpass for a pair of those similar to what Soundman did in his son's car. 

I watch soundman lol … not sure the box yet need measurements and stuff before I decide what to do

1 hour ago, CstrokerV said:

Yeah probably going with a pair of the Vegas but to me the classic strokers and red surrounds is both nostalgia to me 

Oh of course the classic strockers as well... they are expensive as all hell though aren't they? Sweet subs though

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived