Bracket/Alternators for a 1978 van

Does anyone know where I could get alternators and a bracket for a 1978 Chevy G30 van? 5.7L v8 I am trying to solidify my electrical before planning out the system. I have a general Idea of what I want but there is no sense in trying to have a 10k watt system if all I can support is 2k. 

What I am trying to get to is, how do I find a alternator/alternators that will fit. If I have to get something machined who would I contact? 

That engine should be the same 5.7 found in any late 70's truck. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding one. Mechman, JS, brand X, Singer should all be able to hook you up. 

With a lithium setup, you might not need as much alternator and battery as you think. What are you thinking on installing? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

So far 6 15's, 1000 rms each. and about 2k for mids and highs. so about 8k total. Wouldn't mind going for higher battery power over alternator but they seem to go hand in hand. Trying to learn to do most of this myself but matching parts has been proving to be difficult.

I'm going to run 2 Salt 4's (14.7v at 1 ohm they push over 5000 watts) 1 2000.4 for the mids, 1 880.4 for the tweeters and a 400.4 for the rear fill. All I need is my 370 amp mechman and a Limitless Lithium cyber 12k. Lithium is the way to go in my opinion

That's impressive. I am interested in lithium for sure but don't know enough about it. 

I plan on having this as my daily driver so I am looking to have overkill for idle power.

Luckily I found a company that potentially makes the bracket, but I found one of hose companies mentioned makes an alt for the van! I can't wait.

Thanks for the replies.

I mean, overkill really would be a single 400 amp alternator and 100 ah of lithium. 

That's what's cool about lithium batteries. The discharge and charge rates are so fast that you don't need massive amounts of alternator power to keep up. 

Archived