Sonic Electronix

Lithium car audio batteries can you run this battery type

Don't run the lithium and lead acid together. 

That's a lot of lithium AH, I think you'd be good burping on that. Maybe think about another alternator to be in the safe side

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

No, I just meant to combat voltage drop at idle during a burp. The more alternator power, the better. If the alternator can't keep up with the amplifiers draw on the batteries reserve, it'll drop. 150 ah of lithium is quite a bit though. And 350 amps of alternator to feed it is a lot too. It's just what is that alternator putting out hot and at idle. Is that going to be enough to burp on and not drop the voltage. It's definitely worth testing out. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Just now, Dafaseles said:

No, I just meant to combat voltage drop at idle during a burp. The more alternator power, the better. If the alternator can't keep up with the amplifiers draw on the batteries reserve, it'll drop. 150 ah of lithium is quite a bit though. And 350 amps of alternator to feed it is a lot too. It's just what is that alternator putting out hot and at idle. Is that going to be enough to burp on and not drop the voltage. It's definitely worth testing out. 

For a burp id be reving to 2000 rpm for full alternator output so prob no concerns then right?

Archived