My name is Branden, I have a 99 honda accord 4cyl that I have been having trouble with ever since I put the high output alt on. I've had this Amp in three different cars on stock alternators and never had any problems, if I have my volume too loud I can get the belt to smoke...  Also at idle the rpms drop like crazy when it's only about half way up. I'm shipping out the alternator today but I really just need some help. I have a few years of experience with car audio and have never seen anything like this, here's my setup. 

Js alternators 250a alt

0/1 ofc all thru

1 battery under hood 

1 in trunk both lead acid 

Twisted sounds 3.5k

Directed audio 600 /4 

1 12" fi q neo

New 250a fuses

If you can help me out please do! 

I had a lot of issues with belts on my 97 Camry when I had it. I had a CES 320amp alt, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to get the belt tight enough. The factory mount and tensioner had broken off. I also had issues with the RPMs, because I didn’t have enough engine power. Not sure if any of this applies to yours though.

I asked about a larger pully because that was my train of thought as well, bigger pully would in turn make it easier to spin right? Js said that it would hurt the alt because rpms aren't right, there are guys with my exact same car and a 320a with zero problems. I've recently put the stock 90a alt on but it just can't keep up with everything. All help is welcome! 

11 hours ago, Kevin JT said:

I had a lot of issues with belts on my 97 Camry when I had it. I had a CES 320amp alt, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to get the belt tight enough. The factory mount and tensioner had broken off. I also had issues with the RPMs, because I didn’t have enough engine power. Not sure if any of this applies to yours though.

It helps a bunch because it seems like your having the same problem I am, was it a 4 cylinder engine? Did you ever get it to a sweet spot where it wouldn't drop rpms? 

1/2"-1" shorter belt is required because they use smaller diameter pulley's. Best bet bring it to a mechanic so they can order a few and try them out, if they dont have one in stock.  It sounds like an easier option for you.

instagram.com/installsbypat

And if you do have the needed size smaller belt, then the problem is possibly the alternator pulley is too small and causing issues and needs to be replaced with a regular size pulley and use your oem size belt instead.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

On 6/23/2021 at 9:10 AM, Brandenperry4444 said:

It helps a bunch because it seems like your having the same problem I am, was it a 4 cylinder engine? Did you ever get it to a sweet spot where it wouldn't drop rpms? 

It was the 4 cylinder. I never managed to solve the problem. It killed my alt before I had a chance to. I ended up just giving the car away after putting the factory alt back in.

Archived