Sundown Audio

US Amps USA-1000 anyone have experience with this amp?

Shau266

Hey. New member here 🙂 I've tried searching the forum itself and on Google but can't find much info, since this company and amplifier are no longer made. I have a US amps USA-1000 that I'm connecting to two JL 13W6v2-d4. 

I think I figured out about the two connections for both power and ground, need all 4 connected. With both subs being dual 4 ohm I cannot get them down to 2 ohms for the 1,000 watts bridged. I'm trying to figure out if it would be better to use the dvc's in parallel connected to each channel at two ohms, which would be around 300 watts RMS for each. Or if it would be more beneficial to hook them up at 4 ohms bridged into the amp.

My uneducated guess is that I would get mayyybbe an extra 50 to 75 watts running at 4 ohms bridged vs connecting to each channel individually.

Would that be a problem running the amp at 4 ohms bridged? Does it have to be 2 ohms? I'm assuming there wouldn't be an issue, just less RMS.

Also, because I'm considering selling the amp to get something that can provide closer to the RMS the subwoofers enjoy, what would be a good price point for it? I have no reference, aside from US amps are really well made and overall great amps. The one I have is in really good condition and was just stored away for a number of years before the person sold it.

Thanks!

I attached the manual I found as well.

collection[2001].pdf

Really? And I'm an idiot, just to preface this. But each channel will either do 500 watts at 1 ohm, 300 watts at 2 ohms, and 150 watts at 4 ohms. But bridged it'll do 1000 watts at 2 ohms. So, even bridged at 4 ohms, I would only see 600 watts? 

I have no idea on the math, just trying to confirm things.

Archived