Sundown Audio

Ok, thanks. Good stuff to know.

https://www.amazon.com/s?me=AIIZF0ROPFSE5&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This is a link to the seller with the Sundown Audio amp. It looks black in the listing but I guess that could be the photo. The seller's store is called WoofersEtc znd there are a few complaints but still has an overall good rating. I have 30 days to return anything unconditionally being a Prime member. I can return the capacitor and distribution block to save a few there and get the amp through your link if the Amazon one turns out to be a fake. I will do some more digging on the welding wire.

Thanks again, I'd rather get this right than end up kicking myself because I didn't listen,

8 minutes ago, RayD8R said:

Ok, thanks. Good stuff to know.

https://www.amazon.com/s?me=AIIZF0ROPFSE5&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This is a link to the seller with the Sundown Audio amp. It looks black in the listing but I guess that could be the photo. The seller's store is called WoofersEtc znd there are a few complaints but still has an overall good rating. I have 30 days to return anything unconditionally being a Prime member. I can return the capacitor and distribution block to save a few there and get the amp through your link if the Amazon one turns out to be a fake. I will do some more digging on the welding wire.

Thanks again, I'd rather get this right than end up kicking myself because I didn't listen,

Hmmmm, that link didn't take me to the amp. But if it really is WoofersEtc, they're reputable. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Ok, good because It will be here next Wednesday. Gives me some more time to find the right wire and get the materials for the enclosure. Still researching sealants and glue and screws, etc. I need to step back and stop being impatient anyway. t's not like I'm without, I did end up selling that kicker 10" with the DX amp but he can't pay til next friday so I still have my single set up till at least then. And If I'm still not ready I do have another old Kenwood amp I can use, just gotta put vice grips where the ground screw post is because the circuit board has a small crack in it that separates the soldered terminal from the board but if it's clamped, it makes contact and works.

29 minutes ago, RayD8R said:

Ok, good because It will be here next Wednesday. Gives me some more time to find the right wire and get the materials for the enclosure. Still researching sealants and glue and screws, etc. I need to step back and stop being impatient anyway. t's not like I'm without, I did end up selling that kicker 10" with the DX amp but he can't pay til next friday so I still have my single set up till at least then. And If I'm still not ready I do have another old Kenwood amp I can use, just gotta put vice grips where the ground screw post is because the circuit board has a small crack in it that separates the soldered terminal from the board but if it's clamped, it makes contact and works.

You'll be alright. I've waited over a year and a half to freaking START my build 🤣 I'm only recently been able to rip out the old system wiring and prep it for the shell. But I've learned so much in that short period of time, I'm glad it worked out that way, no matter how crazy it's made me

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I'm not messing with the Bose system any further. Could I make it sound better? Definitely but at what cost and how much actual sound quality benefit? The system sounds nice. It has 8 speakers, 2 amps, and a sound processor. It's also SiriusXM, Navigation, Traffic info, and the steering wheel controls and rear view camera are all integrated into it. A decent head unit that will do everything that this one does isn't cheap and then there's a whole new learning curve. Plus all those funny impedance speakers have to be replaced; 2 6x9s, 2 6.5s, 2 tweeters, 3.5" center, and that stupid 5.25 in the spare tire. They do make some nice replacements but in order to improve the actual sound quality, it would simply cost way more than it's worth to me. It took me awhile to get up the stones to tap into it for my amp signal and I accomplished that so I've got adequate bass now and that's how it's gonna stay until this cvt eats itself to death. Then I'll find something else to stick my subs in. I've had this car for 3 years now and I think I've finally gotten used to it. I jumped into this from a 95 GMC and the newest thing before this was my 01 Silverado that I bought new. I think it had Onstar and a couple of JBL premium speakers or something but nothing like this and this isn't really anything luxurious. It's a Nissan Rogue. But it's awesome in the snow with the AWD and I can lock it in if need be. I can also disable the traction control and put the cvt into sport mode and it actually acts like a little 4x4. I can get a 2" lift on it for less than $400 which I plan to do soon. It's just strut tower extenders but it will allow me to get into a small truck tire size and give me a lot better options because the jobsites and the highways in general here in Colorado are hell on these "SUV" passenger tires and even with something like a discoverer or wilderness shoe on here, they just don't last. Not from wear from being out of alignment, just road hazards and with me and other construction people, NAILS and SCREWS. I buy the repair and replacement plans but there's only so many times they'll plug a tire and even though I can get new ones up until the rated mileage as long as I keep up with the maintenance schedule, I don't really like spending that much time at the tire shop.

Archived