Second Skin Audio

How to bring my tuning down

Switching to aero ports might save the box from being a rebuild.  Use like two 8 inch aero's and place them in the slot port then make a panel to seal up the open areas.  We would have to know the internal dimensions to make sure you have enough airspace to get the right tuning.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The port is 24” deep 4.5” tall and  34” wide

its been foamed and braced now, I still have a couple little spots to fill in like the gap at the top which I will be foaming the shaving flat and a bit on the side of each face all of which I will eventually carpet, a brace is now inside the box, on top of the box, and steel angel brackets have been put at the bottom to stop the box from moving. I still need to put a brace down the center of the port to get rid of port flex, it only flexes on one particular decaf song I listen to. Any other things you guys think I should do? The tuning feels a lot better now that all this has been done. I can play down to about 29 right now, I feel like I’m loudest at about 38hz

6BB537C3-2B69-4B3B-A06D-04FA8BA1BB4B.jpeg

B93F79AE-64AA-4FF2-B847-7326BB25189E.jpeg

5AEE836D-639E-4443-986F-311F6EDAF968.jpeg

EF2AA786-D318-4BEC-902F-76CE0DF32740.jpeg

421DEF25-6FB3-451B-ADA7-6744818DB45F.jpeg

F240666E-F728-4F8E-A6C1-0206CECC60E0.jpeg

470142E9-E51F-420D-AA9C-F2E8987E0768.jpeg

On 6/26/2021 at 4:39 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

Make a beauty baffle that covers the gap at that headliner and then make extensions on the outer port like he did, but add more, seal up, then carpet that beauty baffle and spray paint that port flat black and other areas if needed. You would need 2 types of adhesive, wood adhesive and spray on adhesive, silicone, screws, spray paint, expanding foam, black carpet and a couple sheets of mdf.

I posted some updated pictures, do you mind telling me what you think?

In the second the last pic, where the wires are coming out of the box, have those been sealed around the wires?  Any leaks will totally wreck your output.  

You said it feels loudest around 38 Hz, have you checked to see where the tuning frequency is like I suggested earlier?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

In the second the last pic, where the wires are coming out of the box, have those been sealed around the wires?  Any leaks will totally wreck your output.  

You said it feels loudest around 38 Hz, have you checked to see where the tuning frequency is like I suggested earlier?

I did the feel test like you suggested and it has very low movement at 41hz so I’d guess I’m around there. And the wires are wrapped in layers of electrical tape like a ball of it and then wedged into the hole from the inside

1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I will I can’t play anything outside of the range of 29hz-46hz with any kind of authority. If I play outside that range the bass quiets down ALOT

Archived