Sonic Electronix

2019 Jeep SRT with factory Harman Kardon premium system. Just added subs and mono block amp using AudioControl lc2i pro and am getting nasty ground noise with engine running.  I am using the factory subwoofer wires as inputs.  So far I have unsuccessfully tried the following:

-Two different ground locations for amp ground. Using 4gauge ofc.

-Adjusting the various settings on the lc2i.

-Making sure speaker wires and rca's are separated from power and ground cables.

I have yet to run ground directly to the battery but am inclined to think it is an issue with the signal coming out of the factory amp.  Anybody out there dealt with this issue? Thanks for any input.

I will like to help you because you have very nice car . try  to  lower the impedance  of the amplifier first meaning the game or power on your amplifier if  stop a little bet the problem could be you amplifier if not do it on the lc2i,maybe you have a bad High to low converter..

If you have a factory amplifier, and your having static sound or pain in the ass sound coming from the amplifier and your using front or rear outputs on your head unit, that was my problem. I had zero noise coming from my sub outputs but when I tried to use a four channel or two channel amplifier for my door and dash speakers using the front or rear outputs, I had tons of noise. Couldn’t ever figure it out. One day I decided to start fresh and bypassed my factory amp and hadn’t had problem at all sense. I know your pain and that noise can make someone lose hope.  Hope this helped cause I couldn’t find anything online for similar problemo. Good luck my dude. Btw, I have a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee so hope this helps you man. Get rid of factory amp and you should be Bammin away my guy!! Good luck. Was a pain in the ass too cause the factory amp in rear trunk but man it solved my buzzing sound coming from the front and rear rca outputs. Sub rca’s had zero noise but for whatever reason, my front and rear outputs on deck would always cause a pull your hair out sound. Just thought of this lol, maybe just unhook factory amps power and run wires instead of getting a factory amp bypass harness 🧐🧐🧐hmmmm. Anyways hope this helped 🤙🏻🤙🏻👍🏻 

max 

Archived