Jim's Machineworx AVOID!!

I searched high and low for a fused distribution block for my new build and finally stumbled on Jim's Machineworx.

I ordered a beautiful COMMON SIDE RAIL fused distribution block for $140 plus shipping on 5/22 from JM . On 5/26 I received this beautiful INDIVIDUALLY FUSED distribution block from JM which won't work for my purposes. I emailed Jim the same day and he responded almost immediately. Jim realized the mistake and offered to send me the correct rail. I thought, "Cool, the guy will make this right." I followed up on 6/12 with no response. Messaged him on FB messenger on 6/25, and he said that they sent it. Messaged him again on 6/29 and he said he forgot but he would take care of it after dinner. Messaged again on 6/30 with no response. Same thing on 7/1, absolutely nothing.

Here it is July 2nd, my amp rack is being built, my install is supposed to be done next week, and I have a $140 paperweight because Jim can't make good on his word and has stopped responding to my messages. 

His items look great and seem like they're quality but I would absolutely avoid dealing with this guy directly and order through a 3rd party. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this guy? My only hope is to save someone else from wasting their hard earned money with a shitty company. 

20210526_195948.jpg

I'm sorry you've had such a poor experience. But this forum is geared more to sales / trades with other SMD members. Not for airing your grievances against some random etailer you found on facebook.

This would be best handled through paypal / your credit card company. There is nothing we can do here based on word of mouth from a new member against someone who doesn't have a presence here on SMD.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

4 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

I'm sorry you've had such a poor experience. But this forum is geared more to sales / trades with other SMD members. Not for airing your grievances against some random etailer you found on facebook.

This would be best handled through paypal / your credit card company. There is nothing we can do here based on word of mouth from a new member against someone who doesn't have a presence here on SMD.

My bad, it's not like the forum title is very descriptive. My point is to protect anyone else that may want to buy from this guy. Just because I don't have a "presence" on the forum doesn't mean I haven't been lurking for years. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

10 minutes ago, HercGuy said:

My bad, it's not like the forum title is very descriptive. My point is to protect anyone else that may want to buy from this guy. Just because I don't have a "presence" on the forum doesn't mean I haven't been lurking for years. 

I think SnowDrifter was saying that Jims doesn't have a presence here on the forum, so there is no way for any forum members to help out in that way.

That's a bummer that it didn't work out.

FWIW, have you looked at the SMD fused distro blocks on on WC Car Audio's website?

https://www.wccaraudio.com/smd-products/smd-anl-fuse-blocks.html

It looks like most of the distro blocks are in stock, and the SMD blocks are quality.

Good luck with the install!

James is a douche and has poor customer service skills and don’t ever try to send something back to him or you’ll have to call your bank to straighten things out, same if he messes up and lets you buy something he hasn’t machined yet that’s out of stock and tells you he doesn’t know when said products are gonna be available when he is the one who machines them products and comes at people rude, lol! Then his mistake becomes somebody else’s headache. That has happened to me dealing with that dude. I told him I don’t want any of his products since he wants to let me pay for some inputs he doesn’t have and told me he didn’t know when them inputs would be available but kept my money and then comes at me like a douche when I try to inquire about said inputs and then I mailed the products back and he tried giving me $83 back when he should of gave me $148 back and wouldn’t explain why and there isn’t a return section on his website that speaks on return policies, so I guess he wanted to be a restock thief from far away like a coward. I didn’t even ask him for shipping money when it was his fault for letting me buy inputs that he didn’t have and sending me the other inputs and then telling me after he accepted my money that he doesn’t have them inputs and doesn’t give me my money back and then I ask him the eta on them inputs, that were about $28, and he minstrates at me like I did something wrong when he is at fault and I was being respectful. How does he expect me to keep them inputs and wait on his douche to fill and squirt at me with some inputs he doesn’t want to make or me keep the inputs he sent me and buy mismatching inputs to complete a set from another vendor? Nah. So I gave him multiple chances to make things better and he didn’t and then stopped answering my emails. So I called my bank, got my money back instantly as a credit while the case is being investigated and I waited and I won. I’ve never met a james I like. Every james I’ve met is a douche. Just like every amber I’ve met lies and is crazy lol. But yeah, it was a headache. And I think it’s awesome that the OP made this viral so when people Google or search on here about Jim’s machineworx they can find this and know that if he messes up or you want to send something back then it’s gonna be a headache and he isn’t gonna be honorable and is gonna be a douche when you call him on it. This needs to be known because not too many people speak up about things like this so people know what to expect. But I understand where snowdrifter is coming from. This isn’t the correct thread section to post that. This thread section is to speak on forum transactions so forum members know what’s up with other forum members when it comes to business on this forum. Welcome to the forum and now you know.

Edited by 1point21gigawatts
  • Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

had  a similar experience  with jims , i ended up buying similar product from Toolmaker and i am very happy i did !! as far as machined parts and other accessories  , i stick with SMD and Toolmaker ...

5 hours ago, 02Blazer said:

had  a similar experience  with jims , i ended up buying similar product from Toolmaker and i am very happy i did !! as far as machined parts and other accessories  , i stick with SMD and Toolmaker ...

CB94CA28-43F5-423D-B301-5875AF148C0D.gif.dcbb25c3d1c61327fea32a8ecfd867fd.gif

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

On 7/2/2021 at 1:50 PM, SnowDrifter said:

Should’ve gotten some good ol SMD @ wccaraidio.com. I won’t hesitate cause I know the shit right and updated until the goods get in my hands. Lol as long as you learned something from your unfortunate mishap. We all been there where you is. Always go through a reliable source. Especially if you on a time limit