Second Skin Audio

I found a way to make the bandpass work

I ran the numbers in winisd and found a compromise that gives me decent bandwidth but at the sacrifice of about 3 db spl using my fi sp4 v2.1 18 d2.  its almost a 1 to 1 ratio 4th order that is 3.60 sealed and 4.43 ported at 40 hz using a single eight inch big a$$ port and blow right into the cab of the car. This will be powered by my taramps smart 3k at 1 ohm.  Now to get it built.  SPl requirements are anywhere over 140 db which should be easily achieved.

I figured out how to get more airspace for my ported side.  I can go around my strut tower on the left side and use all of that space.  This will probably get me up to 5 cubic feet net on the ported side  and then 3 pounds of polyfill sheets will get me about another .50 for 5.50 cubic feet net ported along with my 3.60 net sealed.   The air space i got ported will enable me to use two 8 inch ports with the tuning being 43.6hz.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:35 PM, stingray72 said:

I figured out how to get more airspace for my ported side.  I can go around my strut tower on the left side and use all of that space.  This will probably get me up to 5 cubic feet net on the ported side  and then 3 pounds of polyfill sheets will get me about another .50 for 5.50 cubic feet net ported along with my 3.60 net sealed.   The air space i got ported will enable me to use two 8 inch ports with the tuning being 43.6hz.

So do I understand you correctly, do you plan on adding polyfill to your ported side?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

7 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

So do I understand you correctly, do you plan on adding polyfill to your ported side?

You no what duhh moment.  Your right that only works on the subwoofer if its in there haha.  Or i should say on a normal box not a bandpass.  Its ok I have better measurements than i thought so i should have enough airspace and if not ill buy another 8 inch big a$$ port and extend my ports more to get a 40 hz tuning on the ported side.

Ps...i do plan on using poly fill the loose kind in the sealed section which will be 3.00 cf net and if I use 3.50 pounds.  I should get a 3.60 perceived air space for the sub.

15 hours ago, stingray72 said:

You no what duhh moment.  Your right that only works on the subwoofer if its in there haha.  Or i should say on a normal box not a bandpass.  Its ok I have better measurements than i thought so i should have enough airspace and if not ill buy another 8 inch big a$$ port and extend my ports more to get a 40 hz tuning on the ported side.

Ps...i do plan on using poly fill the loose kind in the sealed section which will be 3.00 cf net and if I use 3.50 pounds.  I should get a 3.60 perceived air space for the sub.

Sounds good.  Loose polyfill in the sealed side is perfectly fine.  Polyfill in the ported side would be very detrimental to output.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived