Sundown Audio

Any possible ideas on new amp placements.

stingray72

1 hour ago, stingray72 said:

As long as i find my digital camera ill do that.

I just use the camera on my phone lol. It's decent enough. 

25 minutes ago, stingray72 said:

ps....  I figured out how to get more airspace for my ported side.  I can go around my strut tower on the left side and use all of that space.  This will probably get me up to 5 cubic feet net on the ported side along with my 3.60 net sealed.  I should only sacrifice 2.5 db at most over the ported box.  Only thing i dont like is ill only be able to use one of my 8 inch aero 

I'm not any good at designing a box (I paid a guy who knew what he was doing to design mine and get me a cut sheet) but I do know you need the correct port area or your subs will struggle. But once your done, man, I wish I could hear it

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

35 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I just use the camera on my phone lol. It's decent enough. 

I'm not any good at designing a box (I paid a guy who knew what he was doing to design mine and get me a cut sheet) but I do know you need the correct port area or your subs will struggle. But once your done, man, I wish I could hear it

well the guy building my box is great at building he just doesnt understand the technical part of how to design a band pass box.  Thats where i come in.  I wish you could hear it too.  Where do you live?  Im in york pa.

I figured out how to get more airspace for my ported side.  I can go around my strut tower on the left side and use all of that space.  This will probably get me up to 5 cubic feet net on the ported side  and then 3 pounds of polyfill sheets will get me about another .50 for 5.50 cubic feet net ported along with my 3.60 net sealed.   The air space i got ported will enable me to use two 8 inch ports with the tuning being 43.6hz.

58 minutes ago, stingray72 said:

well the guy building my box is great at building he just doesnt understand the technical part of how to design a band pass box.  Thats where i come in.  I wish you could hear it too.  Where do you live?  Im in york pa.

Oakland California.... not too far🤣

Just now, Dafaseles said:

Oakland California.... not too far🤣

LOL  Well i could shoot a video and throw it up on youtube.  Im so worried about screwing up my back window and creating a leak.  Well for that matter the doors and front windshield too.  Ill have to be very carefull haha. 

1 hour ago, stingray72 said:

LOL  Well i could shoot a video and throw it up on youtube.  Im so worried about screwing up my back window and creating a leak.  Well for that matter the doors and front windshield too.  Ill have to be very carefull haha. 

I'm lucky to where my cousin is an industrial waterproofer and a welder, so I'm covered

Archived