Stingray72's Build Log 2019 nissan versa sv 1.6 liter.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stingray72 said:

Ok another question.  I want to brace this box well but i dont want to take up much space if possible so will all thread be enough?  And if so how many all threads should i have in what positions?

All thread won't be enough. 1" wooden dowels can work, 1" and up round metal posts are best. 

Hopefully someone with experience bracing enclosures can chime in with how many you'd need and where to place them. Problem is though, bracing is a calculation you need to consider in the design of your enclosure. Just like how you have to account for subwoofer displacement inside your box to get your optimum net volume, you have to account for the displacement of any bracing displacement as well 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

When I was running "4000" watts of bass, I was only running 2 100.4's. One for the front doors and one for the back and that kept up really nicely in my opinion. Even when non bassheads got into my truck, they would comment on how it was nice that you could hear everything. Not just the bass. If you're just running a front stage, I think that 250.2 will keep up just fine

im thinking of going with these in the rear doors since my front doors already have the morel maximo 6's.  And tagging them both into the taramps 250.2 for a 2 ohm load and 125 watts conservative a channel.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_953MJP6C/Memphis-Audio-MJP6C.html?tp=106&l=D

change of plan ill just get another taramps 250.2 and run the mojo's the right way.

43 minutes ago, stingray72 said:

mojo.jpg

I can speak from experience, those tweeters are loud! 

I don't thinks it's a bad idea to run 2 250.2's. And if those morels aren't loud enough, I bet you could switch the Memphis' in the front and be plenty loud. 

Archived