Sundown Audio

1 md5k or 2 smart 3?

JakeW

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha found them for $509 shipped! They accept 2/0, but I think I’d run my dual 1/0 into it. Hope that’d be alright.  I do need that mechman 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

5 minutes ago, JakeW said:

Haha found them for $509 shipped! They accept 2/0, but I think I’d run my dual 1/0 into it. Hope that’d be alright.  I do need that mechman 

Yup i had that place bookmarked and I just ordered one......im going to sell my md 8k and the smart 3k now.  Dual 1/0 is good for at least 600 amps and more.  What it can carry depends on length of the wire.

Just now, stingray72 said:

Yup i had that place bookmarked and I just ordered one......im going to sell my md 8k and the smart 3k now.

So you’re going 1 smart 5?? What are you powering??

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Just now, stingray72 said:

my 8k is a one ohm.  I ordered a fi sp4 v2.1 18. dual 2 rated 3500 rms.

Are you gonna try feeding it 5k? I hope I can get louder!

I saw a competitor once who fiber glassed his port and sanded it  between spl runs and it would make tenths of a db difference.  But add that all up and it makes a cumulative difference.  My brother even used duct tape on the outside of the box for tenths of a db difference.

Archived