Sundown Audio

1 md5k or 2 smart 3?

JakeW

7 minutes ago, stingray72 said:

You will but if you want maximum loud a new box with the back seat out may be in your future.  Focusing on that port.  Home made aero ports too.

The rear seat is a 60/40. Be super sick to take out the 40 and do a dual sub setup. One at the bottom at a 45*, then the other facing straight forward 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JakeW said:

The rear seat is a 60/40. Be super sick to take out the 40 and do a dual sub setup. One at the bottom at a 45*, then the other facing straight forward 

sometimes that doesnt work for spl increase but i know a crx that did hit 158.2 with two tweleves i think facing those directions.

On 8/3/2021 at 7:13 PM, stingray72 said:

sometimes that doesnt work for spl increase but i know a crx that did hit 158.2 with two tweleves i think facing those directions.

Get those amps in yet?? I’m still over here like smart 5 or bass 8??

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

i got mine a few days ago (the smart 5k).  I dont have my subwoofer yet but it should be here in a couple more weeks.   We will probably start on my enclosure next month sometime.  I decided im going to go 6 cubic feet net and build a slot port tuned to 36 hz with just under 150 square inches of port.  Bandpass boxes have too much box rise.

9 hours ago, stingray72 said:

i got mine a few days ago (the smart 5k).  I dont have my subwoofer yet but it should be here in a couple more weeks.   We will probably start on my enclosure next month sometime.  I decided im going to go 6 cubic feet net and build a slot port tuned to 36 hz with just under 150 square inches of port.  Bandpass boxes have too much box rise.

That’s awesome!  I keep trying to decide what I need.  But I hate the thought of wiring down, and burning up a board. So I think a smart 5, and have the ability to run 1 ohm in the future, orrrrr if someone has legit proof it can do .5, then it’s a win win at 2 ohm as well. I just don’t have the electrical or space for that matter for an 8k. I am considering another titan 8 s5 and that’d give me my reserve. 

3 hours ago, stingray72 said:

Another option is to upgrade to a higher level dc subs.  i know they arent cheap and youd need more total upgrades but its a path to better overall results.

We had spoke about my space restrictions. I don’t think I could add anything to these lvl 4 to make them beefier, and I’m still trying got find someone with an xl series to test fit!

Archived