Sundown Audio

Audison lrx 2.9 in Protection

Hassan54000

Hi Guys,

I just bought this Audison lrx 2.9 amplifier. The amp is wired correctly. Trying to run JBL 1220D (2ohms per coil) . Connected the positive to speaker left positive and negative to speaker right negative. Ground is connected to NEGATIVE and Battery to POSITIVE. Switched between mono and stereo modes both. The woofer is mute and amplifier is showing a red protection light. The fuse is showing a green light. And speaker check is showing an orange light.

PLEASE HELP !

https://www.audison.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/p_1315389315_audison_LRx2_9_tech_EN.pdf

unnamed.jpg

What is the final load of the speaker? That amp can't handle less than 2 ohm in 2 channel mode, and only down to 4 ohm single channel mode, which I assume is bridged. So if you have the speaker wired to 1 ohm, it can send the amplifier into protect

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

In that case, I think maybe the amplifier is dead. You could try installing it in a friend's car with an amplifier that you know works fine. Take his amp out, don't change anything, just disconnect his, slap yours in, and make sure it turns on. If it turns on fine, than it's not your amplifier. If it goes into protect, your amp is dead unfortunately. 

Or, if you can't do that, if you have another amplifier laying around, install that one in its place. It doesn't matter what size, or even a 4 channel. You're not going to use it, just to troubleshoot what the problem is. If that amplifier goes into protect as well, then it's another issue. If it works fine, than again, unfortunately, that amplifier is most likely fried. 

Another issue it could be is if the jacket on the power wire is worn out at some point in the run and grounding itself onto the bare metal somewhere. You'll have to inspect the whole run. And while you're doing that, double check all your connections and make sure they're all tight and your not getting a shitty connection somewhere. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived