Second Skin Audio

3 Chamber Single Reflex Bandpass Enclosure

txkawboi

I purchased 2 Stereo Integrity SQL-12s & I'm awaiting their arrival. I was planning to try them in a 3 Chamber Single Reflex Bandpass enclosure with both sealed chambers @ 1 cuft each & 4 cuft for the ported chamber. I've been told to tune between 45 - 55 Hz. I'm using a round port as well. WinISD gives some funky results using 2:1 ported/sealed ratio. Can anyone check & post their findings using this ratio in this type of enclosure? If needed, I currently have 2300 watts RMS I can supply them with.

So what are you goals for this system?  What kind of usable bandwidth are you looking for?  

Unfortunately ratios are just a really oversimplified way of designing a bandpass box.  Its not that they are wrong, its just that they aren't always right.  I'm glad you are looking at things in WinISD, its a powerful tool and is very useful for making comparisons between different enclosures.  Just keep in mind that the frequency response you are going to get in a vehicle is going to be very different than what WinISD shows.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

13 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

What kind of results are you getting? Any particular reason you are focusing on a ratio?

I'd like more (louder) low end output with a broader response across the board. I was successful in accomplishing this with 2 Stereo Integrity RM-12s with 4.6 cuft on 1200 Watts in an '03 Mini Cooper. This SQL-12 project is for a Tesla Model 3 which is proving to be more challenging acoustically. 

Archived