2012 Nissan Titan big 3

Also I ram a dmm to battery at full tilt and voltage dropped To 11.5 everything off running was 13.9  so clearly voltage is a big issue I think until my alt is built and arrives im going to bring my gains down to around 38.7 volts originally set a 50volts. I’m not trying to go insane with bass just enough to be content as I have kids so car seats get put in quite often I’d honestly be happy with  sitting around 140/150db haven’t measured it but I figured I can get around 140 with my 1 Fi 15” with the right box and electrical

10 minutes ago, Marchant89 said:

Also I ram a dmm to battery at full tilt and voltage dropped To 11.5 everything off running was 13.9  so clearly voltage is a big issue I think until my alt is built and arrives im going to bring my gains down to around 38.7 volts originally set a 50volts. I’m not trying to go insane with bass just enough to be content as I have kids so car seats get put in quite often I’d honestly be happy with  sitting around 140/150db haven’t measured it but I figured I can get around 140 with my 1 Fi 15” with the right box and electrical

I'm not 100% sure about the nissan, but the way my trucks RVC works is that when the truck first starts, it runs at 14.7v. When the alternator gets warm after a while, it'll actually drop the voltage to 13.8ish. Then, when it feels like the battery needs a "bump", it can push the alternator all the way up to 15.3v at times. 

But yeah, it seems like your electrical can't quite keep up. It's not getting down to super dangerous levels, but the 11v range is close enough. Dialing back the gain a little will probably help. 

I bet that 15 sounds great! But if you're just looking for a little, not tremendo knock, have you looked into those gately under the seat boxes? I've seen the 2 10" version rocking 2 1000 watt 10's. Also the 8" version, with 4 of those Sundown 8's (I forget the series) would pound off that 2500 watts. I get it, i would rather rock the 15" as well, but it helps the back to not have to take the box out and put it back in everytime. (That's why I'm doing a blow through 🤣 damn kids!)

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Yea currently I just have one seat I use in the back with the double seat up.  I usually only take 1 At a time and my wife’s Tahoe is the family vehicle.  Currently have a 4 cube box and it’s fine may even go with 2 15” with each in a 3 cube chamber.  Im not a fan of underseat boxes seems a bit muffled to me and I like 15”!   yea smaller subs seem to do well but I’m a fan of lows freq below 40hz.  

7 minutes ago, Marchant89 said:

Yea currently I just have one seat I use in the back with the double seat up.  I usually only take 1 At a time and my wife’s Tahoe is the family vehicle.  Currently have a 4 cube box and it’s fine may even go with 2 15” with each in a 3 cube chamber.  Im not a fan of underseat boxes seems a bit muffled to me and I like 15”!   yea smaller subs seem to do well but I’m a fan of lows freq below 40hz.  

These 8's nowadays can do work! It's not like it was 10 years ago. But I feel you. I'd rather put a huge hole in my cab and render my truck unsellable than do 8's under the seat 🤣 

50 minutes ago, Marchant89 said:

I bet that blow through is going to be insane.  You running a infinite baffle?

Series 6th order bandpass. I sure hope it's insane🤣 for the amount of money I'm spending on this upgrade

Archived