So my buddy is into bass and I help with his system, he basically knows what's in it and how to play it safely, not really big into doing the work. That's where I come in.

Currently his setup is 

SFB 200.4 Running Punch speakers in each door @ 4 0hms 88w x 4

SFB 5000 Running 4 American Bass XD 15s @ 1 Ohm

CES 370 Large Case

2 Turbostart 80ah AGMs 

WIth this setup, it holds mid-low 12s all day easily. Well, he's got the bug and wants more.

I'm thinking Running triple alternators, the current CES 370 and a matching one for the bass side and then putting his stock alternator back on to run his doors.

So basically, Stock alternator with the 2 80ah of AGMs running the SFB 200.4 and the truck. While the 2 370s are on a separate system running to a lithium bank in the back. We plan on running 2 SFB 13ks right now on 4 15s. I saw the CES 80ah banks are rated for 10kw clamped with 200 amps of available charging. Would 2 of these be sufficient to feed the 2 SFB 13ks? I feel like 1 13k may clamp around 9kw-10kw after impedance rise. So I think it would be good. Don't mind going overkill though.

This is a daily driver by the way, it doesn't compete, it's for his own enjoyment and when we go to truck meets people may ask for a demo. 

2 hours ago, Jonrussell18 said:

So my buddy is into bass and I help with his system, he basically knows what's in it and how to play it safely, not really big into doing the work. That's where I come in.

Currently his setup is 

SFB 200.4 Running Punch speakers in each door @ 4 0hms 88w x 4

SFB 5000 Running 4 American Bass XD 15s @ 1 Ohm

CES 370 Large Case

2 Turbostart 80ah AGMs 

WIth this setup, it holds mid-low 12s all day easily. Well, he's got the bug and wants more.

I'm thinking Running triple alternators, the current CES 370 and a matching one for the bass side and then putting his stock alternator back on to run his doors.

So basically, Stock alternator with the 2 80ah of AGMs running the SFB 200.4 and the truck. While the 2 370s are on a separate system running to a lithium bank in the back. We plan on running 2 SFB 13ks right now on 4 15s. I saw the CES 80ah banks are rated for 10kw clamped with 200 amps of available charging. Would 2 of these be sufficient to feed the 2 SFB 13ks? I feel like 1 13k may clamp around 9kw-10kw after impedance rise. So I think it would be good. Don't mind going overkill though.

This is a daily driver by the way, it doesn't compete, it's for his own enjoyment and when we go to truck meets people may ask for a demo. 

It doesn't sound like a bad plan to me. Just make sure the lithium and the AGM's aren't connected to each other, should work fine. 

If you're planning on running all that though, maybe look into externally regulating your alternators for the lithium. Those LTO banks like a little extra. Around 15.3v or so (don't quote me on that exact number. I haven't looked it up in a while). They work fine on 14.7 though, it just leaves a little on the table. 

Do a little research on those CES batteries though. LTO lithium is a little different than Lifepo4 cells. Maybe it wouldn't even be a bad idea to build your own bank to the exact specs you want. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

5 hours ago, Jonrussell18 said:

Yeah, the lithium would be completely separate from the AGMs. So in your opinion, would Lifepo4 be better for this use case? Underground Power makes an 80ah bank of Lifepo4 very comparable to the CES 80ah LTO bank price wise.

If I'm not mistaken (which I could be) I think the Lifepo4 cells have a quicker discharge- charge rate, but LTO cells are a lot more stable. I don't know all the ins and outs of lithium yet. I'm still learning. 

But I do know, if you build your own, you could probably build 100ah bank for the same price as an 80ah premade case. And with 100ah, you wouldn't have to worry about voltage at all. But that's up to you. I went with buying a premade case as well. Just throwing that out there. 

But I want to say that Lifepo4 can support a little more wattage than LTO. I don't think it's a huge diffrence though. I think it's just faster. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived