Do I need more power?

11 minutes ago, Jeffrey Tahoe said:

I have a 2003 Tahoe and want to stsrt running a Skar sub/amp at 600 rms. Just wondering if I would need a second battery or a capacitor to keep up. Sorry if its a silly question, I'm new to car audio.

You should be fine if it's only 600 watts. Usually, a stock system can easily handle up to 1000 watts. Sometimes more, sometimes less. 

2 little pieces of advice....

So the big 3 upgrade, and use good 1/0 OFC cable (for the big 3 upgrade). It might be a little overkill for just 600 watts, but it'll make everything pertaining to your electrical work so much better and more efficient.

Also, I assume the amplifier itself calls for 4 awg wire. Do yourself a favor, and save yourself some potential headaches, and use OFC. It's just so much better than CCA cable it's not even funny

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

21 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

You should be fine if it's only 600 watts. Usually, a stock system can easily handle up to 1000 watts. Sometimes more, sometimes less. 

2 little pieces of advice....

So the big 3 upgrade, and use good 1/0 OFC cable (for the big 3 upgrade). It might be a little overkill for just 600 watts, but it'll make everything pertaining to your electrical work so much better and more efficient.

Also, I assume the amplifier itself calls for 4 awg wire. Do yourself a favor, and save yourself some potential headaches, and use OFC. It's just so much better than CCA cable it's not even funny

For the install kit (unless you already have it) I love to use sky high car audio. They have pre-packaged wiring kits, and their OFC 4ga is only $80 now I believe. Have used this kit, and their 8ga kit! 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

6 hours ago, JakeW said:

For the install kit (unless you already have it) I love to use sky high car audio. They have pre-packaged wiring kits, and their OFC 4ga is only $80 now I believe. Have used this kit, and their 8ga kit! 

KnuKonceptz has a solid OFC 4 AWG kit that is a little cheaper as well.  Sky High is great stuff, but I've always had good experiences with Knu's stuff:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/amp-installation-kits/sp/complete-4-gauge-amplifier-installation-kit/

Archived