I bought a new 2014 Ram and installed my own gear as I have always done. JL Audio XD700/5 V2 amp, 2 pairs of JL Audio C3-600 component sets and a JL 10w3v3-2 Sub. I used a JL Audio Cleansweep to get a clean signal to the amp.  I didn't have these tools back then so I used the 3/4 volume method and set the gains as outlined in the amp manual and it sounded great.

Jump to 2020, I bought a new Ram 1500 and I didn't feel like doing the installation so I had a shop install the same gear I had in the 14' They recommended the Pac Amp Pro as I had parking chimes and GPS so the cleansweep wasn't necessary. In less than a year, 2 of the 6" mids blew and 3 weeks ago, the sub started making terrible sounds. I suspected something was wrong.

I purchased the DD-1+ and CC-1 and started at the headunit, I got a clean signal at the max volume from the headunit and Pac Amp but at the amp side, I had distortion even with the gains turned all the way down. Why? because the Pac Amp puts out either a 4v or 5v signal and the amp switch needed to be on the high input and it wasn't, it was on low and the max is 2v. This shop, who had a custom bass van with six 15s didn't even bother to set the gains properly, not to mention the half ass install.

I got the new sub and used the DD-1+ and CC-1 to get my system dialed in and not only does it sound cleaner, it is louder. These are great products!!!!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1